It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
When I was 18 years old me and some friends planned a overnight fishing trip to Spirit Island. Spirit Island is a small island that is heavily wooded with pine trees located in the bay. So early in the morning we loaded up and put the boat in the lake and we set off for Spirit Island. We landed on the shore and set up our makeshift camp and fished all afternoon. well nite came and we built a fire and just all hung out around the campfire till about 12 midnite. before we went to bed we put out the fire and set in for the nite. Around 3am I was awoken by the sound of a horse naying. . and I could see thru the tent that the fire we doused completely with water 3 hours prior was roaring. So I peered out the tent very carefuly and saw three horses and on these three horses were 3 indians wearing full indian gear the headress and all else" the headress is what stood out the most". at about this time I was pretty freaked out because this island is only accessible by boat and there is no one that lives on this island and definitely no horses. I noticed the indians were watching the fire and the flames seemed to dance wildly even more so when we made it earlier. as suddenly as it happened all went dark and there was nothing but starry nite and the hint of smoke in the air. Was this some sort of sign for me? There was 3 others in our fishing party and not one seemed to know of what happened that nite. or was it some sort of residual haunting? I have heard of stories from the bait shop from other nite fisherman out in the bay saying they have seen weird lights on the island at odd hours of the night. I do believe in the afterlife and hauntings.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Where is "Spirit Island" at? What state abbreviation is "AR"?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Spirit Island is located in between the Wisconsin Minnesota border in spirit lake which is connected to the bay which leads out to Lake Superior. AR stands for Arkansas where I am now residing.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by mcgilligan02]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Have you every looked into the history of the area?

I'm sure would be some local legends about the place. It is completely plausable that you saw ghosts or spirits of the native americans that used to inhabit that area.

I'm gonna google spirit island to see what I can find.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi Mc.,
Is it the larger Island on Spirit Lake, it seems to be within the borders of Minnesota, a four hour drive from our home in WI.
Would be interesting to check out on one of our rendezvous.
from which side did you approach it? Is there an appropriate landing site?
I'm looking at a Google map.
WIS

top topics

join