It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge python makes a meal of 11 guard dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Talk about scary. Keep the kids in the house when you have a snake like this roaming about.

What do you think about this weird story?

Yahoo link

Fri Jan 26, 9:58 AM ET

Guard dogs protecting a fruit orchard in Malaysia have met their match -- a 7.1-metre-long (23-ft-long) python that swallowed at least 11 hounds before it was finally discovered by villagers.

"I was shocked to see such a huge python," orchard-keeper Ali Yusof told the New Straits Times in an article published beneath a picture of the captured snake, which was almost long enough to span the width of a tennis court and as thick as a tree trunk.

Villagers did not harm the snake, which was tied to a tree then handed to wildlife officials, the paper said on Friday.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
11?

This must have been over a period of years if this true.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
11?

This must have been over a period of years if this true.

Absolutely agree with you, because I don't think they need to eat but once every couple of months, but I could be wrong. Anyone a snake expert?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I used to have 8 foot Boa, and he would eat 2-3 rats in a row. I always though and in general this is true that large snakes usually expell most of thier energy while constricting and swollowing that they usually retreat for a few days to digest a modest sized meal.

However everynow and then they will kill and eat a few times in a row, but not that often only when I forgot to feed my snake for a while.

Usually when I thought my snake would want more than one rat I would toss a few in . The snake would kill them all but not eat the others cause they had been sitting dead for a while. Other snakes don't mind and will eat stuff that they killed hours ago once it's gone cold and everything. I found that snakes have individuel personalities and that they eat at their discretion, all be it rather restricted personalities still.

11 is alot though, but maybe they were small dogs. Question though wouldn't the other dogs be harrasing the python while it's contricting the other dog. taking potshots at it's side and such? Or was the snake like bring it on.

join