It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best All-Purpose Semi-Auto Rifle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If you just want a cheap, fun rifle to shoot, try out the SKS. It uses the same ammo as the AK-47 (which is dirt cheap. The ammo I mean.) It is also very, very accurate. Considering how inexpensive they are, I was quite surprised at how accurate and durable they actually are. Recoil is very low too, so you aren't going to have a sore shoulder from shooting at the range all day.

AR-15s are alright, but they are pretty heavy, and have a pretty large recoil, compared to other weapons of similar caliber. (Nothing like the kick of a .308 though
)

Also, don't forget a .22LR. Very inexpensive rifles, and very cheap ammo. You can get a box of 500 shells for about $15.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I would recommend Saiga 7.62x39.
Pros: VERY inexpensive, same with ammo---not nato, but russian/chinese.
Made by the same folks who brought you the russian AK47.
Durable and easy to maintain--put 400 rds through one afternoon-not one jam, broke down and cleaned after in less than an hour.

Cons: plastic furniture.
Parts not interchangeable with other ak versions--ditto magazines.

A rock solid rifle, IMHO, that is accurate, easy to maintain, and fires inexpensive ammo, retail around $250 per 1,000, much cheaper deals on the net.

Just google it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock
Ruger 10/22. They're great!

edit - and you'll be able to shoot it constantly for how cheap .22 ammo is.

[edit on 6/14/08 by vinrock]

I agree for a first gun the ruger can't be beat.
Also in a survival situation it will be the gun that feeds you not a assualt rifle.
However. if you must have a larger caliber go with a 308.
I have an FN-FAL and a CETME and love them both.
Rounds out.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
any way if you want a gun that is almost identical as a ak47 maybe you could try a Dragunov it is basicly a ak47 that shoots the 7.62x54 round a hella powerhouse semi auto bad. or a Tokarev Svt38/svt 40 same thing but its a larger version of the sks. shoot the same large russian round and they go for as much as a ak47 or half ass m15. try gunbroker.com or look around at guns shows lot of em around. you could get a good deal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join