It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's economic policy the real reason Bushes panties are all in a bunch over them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This article by William Clark is a little dated but still the subject matter is important. I am no economist but the gist of it is that if Iran converts its oil trading to the Euro from the dollar then the United States stands to lose economically in a big way. Buyers instead of paying $50 to $55 per gallon American, would pay 30 to 40 Euros and shift the balance of economic power away from London and New York towards the Middle East and marginalize the United States as an economic force.

globalresearch.ca
The Iranians are about to commit an "offense" far greater than Saddam Hussein's conversion to the euro of Iraq’s oil exports in the fall of 2000. Numerous articles have revealed Pentagon planning for operations against Iran as early as 2005. While the publicly stated reasons will be over Iran's nuclear ambitions, there are unspoken macroeconomic drivers explaining the Real Reasons regarding the 2nd stage of petrodollar warfare - Iran's upcoming euro-based oil Bourse.

In 2005-2006, The Tehran government has a developed a plan to begin competing with New York's NYMEX and London's IPE with respect to international oil trades - using a euro-denominated international oil-trading mechanism. This means that without some form of US intervention, the euro is going to establish a firm foothold in the international oil trade. Given U.S. debt levels and the stated neoconservative project for U.S. global domination, Tehran's objective constitutes an obvious encroachment on U.S. dollar supremacy in the international oil market.

It is now obvious the invasion of Iraq had less to do with any threat from Saddam’s long-gone WMD program and certainly less to do to do with fighting International terrorism than it has to do with gaining control over Iraq’s hydrocarbon reserves and in doing so maintaining the U.S. dollar as the monopoly currency for the critical international oil market. Throughout 2004 statements by former administration insiders revealed that the Bush/Cheney administration entered into office with the intention of toppling Saddam Hussein. Indeed, the neoconservative strategy of installing a pro-U.S. government in Baghdad along with multiple U.S. military bases was partly designed to thwart further momentum within OPEC towards a "petroeuro." However, subsequent events show this strategy to be fundamentally flawed, with Iran moving forward towards a petroeuro system for international oil trades, while Russia discusses this option.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is so much here I really don't even know where to start editing though I have trimmed it considerably. The title is obviously sarcastic but for a reason. We are being told that Iran is meddling in Iraq to the injury of our troops and that they are developing nuclear weapons. Per usual the reasons are far more complex so they have been simplified so Bush can handle them without sounding like a total idiot (their efforts fail in my opinion). It is logical to assume that any country bordering on a state that is disintergrating is going to want to exercise some influence on what is happening... it is after all in their own best interest that things unfold favorably for them... its called real politik. And if I were a state and was labeled as part of an "axis of evil" and saw what happened to Iraq, I would be busily arming myself to the teeth. So Iran's actions are understandable.

According to these articles however, the real reason the U.S. is up in arms over Iran is far more complex. If Iran is successful in converting its oil trade to Euros, American corporations will end up paying far more than what they are now for oil and will become marginalized as the key players in the international oil trade. Consequently the economic center of power with shift to the Middle east giving it serious leverage in its dealings with the west. Taken with China's removal of the Dollar from the basis of it's economic exchange in favor of the Euro and it becomes obvious what all this is about... a last gasp effort to keep America from becoming marginalized as the world power.

I don't know where that hitler link came from.

Related News Links:

www.thedossier.ukonli ne.co.uk
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.thehindubusinessline.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hitler
www.opec.org...
www.iranoilgas.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 26-1-2007 by grover]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So if they plan to hurt the US and UK economies by switching to Euros then this war is fully justified....and damn them all to hell right?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Welcome to the NWO, remember you are either with us or against us.

I wonder if US will target China for changing to Euros also . . . Oops I forgot China doesn't have oil.:Lil:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Personally I am rooting for humanity as opposed to the drones in suits.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i think the attack or "war" (word choice is so important in consturcting a desired perception) was about securing resources for the future when the current world economic system breaks down

and i have heard economists or whomever argue both sides of the oil priced in euro reasoning > most say what the oil is priced in means less than what currency the proceeds get re-invested into - it would not be difficult to pay for oil in euro's and then reinvest the proceeds in u.s treasury's- but i don't think washington takes kindly to that sort of political posturing

[edit on 16-2-2008 by cpdaman]

top topics

join