It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal responsability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
iknow alot of uninformed people have some wild ideas when you say i'm a survivalist, the frist thing they think is your some nut who's holed up in the basment of his mother's house with a butt load of guns and a box of c-rats. in reality (and survivalist attatide is looking at reality and seeing what there, not what everyone else hopes is there.) survivlist are the ones who have decided to take personal responsability for their and their loved one's well being in the event something bad happens, whatever that may be. we have all seen what happens to the masses when they rely on government to save them from situations that go beyond the norm, be it a flood, hurricane, earhtquake or what have you. survivlist have seen reality and deciced to say not me or mine when the next whatever occurs. personal responsability is the one key ingrediant i see lacking in most things nowadays, it's always someone eleses responsability for what ever happens, in crime it society fault, kids it the parents, tv this video games that guns the other thing when if you are honest it's your responsability for what you do or don't do.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I hope the Hurricane Katrina aftermath fiasco tragedy woke up a lot of people who depend upon the government to save them. Responsibility for personal plans should be a result. The government cannot do anything right and when someone else cannot do something right you've got to do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nice thread personal responsibily is very important!

When the poo hits the fan, the only one who you can rely on 100% is yourself. Just be in the mindset that nobody will help and that actually other people in the immediate aftermath are probably a threat, and that should kick of the animalistic side all humans have.

When a large group of humans panic it is really nasty, civilization fly's out the window along with 50" Plasma screens and laptop computers

Waiting for help by the government or whoever will get you killed!

That's my doom an gloom for the day

Be safe

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I live on the Texas coast at various times of year, permanently through the summer months…hurricane season. Most of my neighbors that are year round residents keep on hand at least five day supply of bottled water and food. Almost everyone evacuates prior to a major threat, however just about everyone will ride-out tropical storms and borderline Cat 1’s.

Rarely will one ever see any emergency vehicles after the first few days. The Coast Guard will occasionally make a few low fast runs by helicopter…but that is about it. Basically, we are left to check on and help each other if needed…and do so. But counting on Federal, State or County services has never been a factor. Over the past many years I have only been asked once by a family to borrow a single 5 gallon bottle of water…that’s all.

It really doesn’t take a lot of investment in preparation for the basics…if you want comfort too, that’s another issue…

mg

top topics

join