It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useless ISPs - Talk Talk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Does anyone else keep losing their connections to their ISPs.

Talk Talk in the UK offer free broadband encompassed into your telephone account, unfortunately getting a connection is like next to impossible.

I am continually having to reset my router, i have had to do so 5 times whilst typing this thread.

Anyone contemplating Talk Talk as an ISP, would do alot better using snail mail and a library.

I guess you get what you don't appear to pay for. I say appear as we all know that they offer this for free but it is already included within your bill, its just not noted as broadband.

It took 2hrs for me to get google to appear and then it wouldn't connect to ATS and don't get me started on e-mail, you could have a connection on the internet but it continually fails to retrieve my e-mail.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Cocker]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I had Bell Atlantic (later Verizon) DSL and it was absolutely horrible. It would go out for hours, days, or even weeks at a time with no good explanation from the company. I dropped it a long time ago for a different DSL provider and now use a cable modem. I think the cable modem has been the most reliable high speed connection I've had, it hardly ever goes out.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was only thinking the other day about ISPs in other countries and what they were like.
Here in Australia we have some real doozies, Telstra being one of the main offenders.
There was an entire network recently that closed down without explanation, leaving 30,000 customers in the lurch. (not telstra BTW)

For the last week my connection has been dropping out every 3 hours or so, I'm hopeing that it is now fixed.

There are some good ones too I might add, they seem to be few and far between though in my experience.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hint: It's not your ISP that's the problem. Why do I say this? Because a Router reset fixes it. If you use Bittorrent with a route, what will happen is that it will open lots of connections up and the routers today won't close them until the router is powered down. The rate at which the open ports close seem random depending on model and make of the router, but my router seems to close open ports after 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sardion, I will concede to your greater knowledge, as I do you use P2P, but why would it still do this even when my P2P software isn't running?

I can't believe that my router is that smart.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is your router updated with the latest Firmware? That could be something you can check, if you haven't done so already.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Id like to know the outcome of this because talk talk are trying hard to get me to switch my web to them, and by what im hearing i dont trust them enough yet.. besides they are strict, rude, and dont mind cuttin your line off if you dont pay the bill on the exact day its due.. come back BT all is forgiven i say.

top topics

join