It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D images of 1000s of college students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This may or may not be something. You be the judge.
My niece recently showed me her latest keepsake.
It was a crystal cube with a perfect three dimensional image of her head etched into it.
I told her how cool it was, and how nice it would be in the future to have such a perfect rendering of herself.
I then told her to keep it in a safe place so that she wouldnt lose it.
"No problem" she said "I can call them up and give them my order number and get another copy!"

My conspiratorial mind raced.

She continued "Yeah, they have me in a database. I can order you one of these if you want!"

THe implications towards big brother are astounding IMO.
With the increase in face recognition technology it seems the only thing missing would be a giant database with three dimensional renderings of up and coming students.

Clearly You Laser Crystal Imaging

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You know this will become commonplace soon, at malls, festivals, county fairs.....I don't like it. It gives me the same feeling as those "Keep Your Child Safe" things, where they take fingerprints and then mail them to you *shiver*ad

It's bad enough there are databases overloaded with pictures of people, 3D now....I don't know, it just bothers me.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I agree. These are scary.
Did you see my link? They have a video on their website.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
maybe people thought that digital cameras were going to be a tool of "big brother" too, when they were new

yes, with every advancement in technology, there is a change for this mysterious "big brother" to use it against the world...

but, there is also a chance that it will be used for fun-filled commercial uses...

there are good and evil applications for everything, right

i wouldn't worry if "big brother" had a 3-d image of me (or if they have a picture of me)...

why???

because i didn't break a law so i won't worry about them coming after me or anything like this...

see where i am going???

just follow the laws and you will fear nothing...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
yeah, i watched the video...the whole scanning thing creeps me out.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Actually all I thought about this information was that would be a great present for Mom on her next birthday.

I mean we all have licenses with our information. What else does government need? What about those passport pictures taken. Our face could be secretly saved in a tiny computer inside the passport picture machine. Then already scanned.

IMO they have all the information they need.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
If they want facial recognition, then wouldn't they be better off puting scanning devices into photolab machines?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can see this being used as a means to advertise 'people of interest' who are suspected of being 'enemy combatants'.

What's next?

eye recognition software ala 'minority report'.

Hope everyone remembered to transplant their eyes!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If they want facial recognition, then wouldn't they be better off puting scanning devices into photolab machines?

I dont know, would they? Seems like a silly question to me, no offense.

Do alot of people use those photolabs? Do Entire classrooms go on field trips to get photolab pictures taken?
HOw would 'they' associate pictures with names?
Is any information at all taken down at photolabs? Like age, school affiliation, and name?
Do people pay for photolabs with spare change or with a credit card or check?
Do people in photolabs sit perfectly still for 5 minutes while the rendering is taking place?

So no, I dont think 'they' would be better off putting them in photolabs, but like I said, I dont know.

new topics

top topics

join