It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming hogwash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am sick to death of hearing all this bunkum about global warming and the effect it will have on us. All this paranoia is being pumped up for one reason and one reason only, that is to make money. The attitude is we dont care about pollution as long as the polluters pay be it congestion charges to weighing our bins it dossent matter as long as you pay.

How about the real reasons, that the Earth is in a post glacial epoch one that has continued over the last 17k and continues to do so. The rising seas, land errosion has been going on all that time, its a natural process and man's activities wont make one bit of difference.

The Earth is not some dead lump of rock its a living organism that is in a continual state of change and has been since it was formed as a planet and will continue to do so long after man had disapeared. The Earth is affected by the Sun, Moon and other planets and all inturn from the Galaxy we are in.

The Earth through millenia has seen many changes, changes that cannot be stopped or controlled. Our presence on this planet will not make one bit of difference to the Earth. At the end of the day mother nature will shake the fleas off its back so whats the big deal.

Man builds his home near water and on flood plain's and when they flood we shout global warming well no its not its a natural event that has happened for millions of years just like volcano's and earthquake's, a natural event.

Profit and more profit thats what its all about, tax goes up every year on booze and cigs do people stop smoking/drinking no they dont. Too many vehicles on the road well lets not get rid of them lets just make them pay more.
Nobody wants to come up with new idea's for alternative clean fuels, that means the oil giants loose out the goverment loses out. In the UK car manufactures are making bigger and bigger engined cars, why, whats the need for them, you see if the goverment was really concerned about global warming it would/should put a stop to this but it wont and the reason for that is money.

I'm all for improving the way we live and taking care of the planet that gives us life but not through the means of lies and disinformation with the sole purpose of profit in mind.

Why dont we do the best we can and accept that were are on a terra forming planet that continues a slow rate of change. Land masses will disapear new ones will form etc.

When things come to a head nature will step in and sort us out, so yes maybe hundreds of millions/billions may die, well so what were not imortals and we are just a part of the same process so we might as well get used to it.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice perspective, this is one of the more coherent arguements against global warming that I have run across lately.

I totally agree that the earth is alive, and there are long term phases that change the earth without being affected by humans. After all I have been here for only 27 years, and I remember some really hot summers when I was little.

But one cannot help but to wonder, does our pollution accelerate this warming trend that is factually observable?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Agreed. Especially all the worry worts running around like chickens with their heads cut off.... "the sky is falling, the sky is falling !!" because the nation, the world is experiencing "unusual" weather patterns. When watching your local news weather broadcast, pay attention when they display the days highs and lows people. See the section pertaining to
Record Highs and Lows ?? January 1863, you don't say...it was 85 degrees in winter ?

I agree that were it a scenario where we could actively and effectively STOP the effects of global warming as it endangers our very existence- we would. Some would say, "Well smokers know it's bad and they're killing themselves but they're still puffing a pack a day?" I say to that a smoker is responsible for their OWN health. Any Red blooded American would do something to stop some creep they witnessed pouriing toxic waste into the sewer lines.

The masses ARE being brainwashed, steered towards an automobile market ready to explode !! "Green" cars will be the norm in 10 years. Those who can't afford them will be scoffed at in the streets and suffer at their own embarassment. 20 years from now gasoline cars will be outlawed. So I agree we are being institutionalized.

I am am ALL for a healthier planet as well. I think we need to focus on how we're treating the critters as they have no voice. In time YES we could really screw ourselves if we destroy the resources found in our oceans. The weather we have about as much control over as whether the sun rises and sets.

join