It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Diver Escapes the Jaws of a Great White

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I just saw this come across on CNN.

An Australian diver literally swam into the jaws of a Great White shark while diving for abalone. He suffered lacerations /bites to his back, chest and arm, but managed to escape by punching the shark in it's eye.

Wow, talk about having a story to tell your kids and /or grandchildren!

From the report, he came to the surface telling his son "There's a shark. There's a shark". His son then helped him out of the water and back into the boat.

They said he was conscious and lucid while fellow divers rushed him to shore, where EMTs loaded him onto a MediVac helicopter.

His doctors say they're surprised that he's able to sit upright and convey the harrowing experience, especially so soon after having suffered such.

More as it comes in ...

[edit: spelling]

[edit on 1/23/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just couldn't imagine being in the water, vulnerable with a great white swimming around. It's the thing nightmares are made of.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So his whole body was inside the shark except for his arms? That sucker must have been enormous.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nah, he "went in" head first.

Apparently he was swimming along, looking down into the weeds for abalone. When he looked up he was face to face, and the rest is history.

Can you imagine being face to face, ultimately partially "swallowed", and yet being able to maintain rational thought enough to poke /punch the shark in it's eye?

soiled diving suit, anyone?!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I saw the story too , just a few minutes ago.

How lucky is that guy?
The shark must not have thrashed at all. Maybe it all happend too fast for the shark as well. Like "this meal is WAY too easy".

You're right though, I bet his next wetsuit has a trapdoor.

new topics

top topics

join