It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Sighting - Livingston - Scotland 19/01/07 8.50am

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Outside my work this morning whilst having a quick Cig, I observed a Bright yellow ball of Light tracking accross the horizon.. I observed this from West Lothian College All the way to the Pentland Hills.

Its a cold crisp morning with Clear blue skies. As this object headed toward the hills I spotted a Jumbo Jet at about 35,000ft, most probably flying from Manchester over to glasgow ( the route my flight to USA usually takes).. Having both object in my line of sight i can confirm that this ball of light was deffinetly not a plane and going by scales i would think this was in the region of about 60ft in length.

Unfortunatley we are getting battered by storms at the moment and the Pentland hills have a mass of dark grey thunder clouds rolling toward livingston. The ball of light proceeded to enter the clouds and this is where i lost it. At one point the ball of light was directly under the Jumbo, but i did not witness any of the two objects take measures to keep out of each others way.. Both kept on the original course and passed by each other.

My office is the top floor of a tower block so i high tailed it up the lift but could not see the object once i was at an elevated position, the storm clouds must have hidden this from View.

This is now my second sighting of strange lights.. We are in the direct flight path to edinburgh airport and ive seen planes landing and taking off all my life, every few minutes. This was most deffinetely not a plane.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Nice post.

Any other witnesses?

Remirah.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately Not..

I did have a few of the guys in the office ask what i was up to when i opened all the blinds on the top floor to see if i could still spot it..

im now on scan mode the rest of the day.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Update...

OK a weird V trail type jetstream has now appeared paralem to my office. Perfect V shape as if something has dived down, stopped dead on a V and took off back up the way at the opposite trajectory.

I have captured this on a 2 megapixel camera so ill post when i get home.. Even the guys from the office are saying this is very weird.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i await your pics for sure.

in the mean time get your pals on UFO watch

Remirah.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ill post just after 6pm uk time..

Managed to get a good background shot of cars with the trail visable so you can see how low down this contrail is..

Ive got the whole office on watch now, pity the snow clouds are rolling in though

Personally i would say its two plane contrails crossing over, but its so low down and a perfect V thats its just too uncanny.

Could well be anomoly, buts its a very nice pic.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok guys , heres the pic of the V shaped contrail i took shortly after sighting the Yellow orb type..

Note how low down this contrail is

img263.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
First off, nice view from your office. It looks serene over there. And the grass is actually green!-you'd be suprised at how ungreen the grass really is in los angeles.

The contrail is interesting. I noticed that it retains it's thickness evenly throughout, however it does disappear right wher the two converge behind a cloud. It could be two contrails going roughly the same way and they converge and then continue on once they've criss crossed beyond the cover of the clouds.

Did you see the contrail in it's entirety before it got partialy hidden by the cloud? because if you did then I would have to say it looks strange indeed

Keep up the watch it will be interesting to see what else you see. The glowing light seems intruiging, I once saw something similar over the yucatan in mexico, by some myan ruins, so I believe you on the glowing orb.

Can you tell from my spelling that I recieved my education in the US?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i manged to catch it just as the tip of the V entered the cloud, I could not see contrails heading off in either direction, especially with it being so low down.. Once the cloud passed ( about a minute later ) the contrail was gone..

most contrails here are at 35,000 ft, i.e nimrods and trans atlantic flight.. Im just off the flightpatch to the airport, taking off westbound and landing eastbound, but the flight path is about 7 miles north of these contrails.

As i said, it could very possibly be contrails, but were talking a few 100ft up. Either way i thought it was a very nice pic.

And yep, weve got much greenery here in scotland.. pity its -14 degrees every day

[edit on 19-1-2007 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey don't feel bad about the temp out there. It snowed in Malibu yesterday...no joke. Mostly it's about 65 during the day here and dropping to about 28-35 at night, but I wouldn't mind a little more extream weather that you enjoy. It would be a nice change.

Love how different everything looks over there in scotland, the architecture the grass, the cars and street lights, even the sky. It would be a pretty place to visit. I see smog, pollution,Concrete, Litter, graffiti, crime, and crackheads all day here.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Hi Guys,

Outside my work this morning whilst having a quick Cig, I observed a Bright yellow ball of Light tracking accross the horizon.. I observed this from West Lothian College All the way to the Pentland Hills.

Its a cold crisp morning with Clear blue skies. As this object headed toward the hills I spotted a Jumbo Jet at about 35,000ft, most probably flying from Manchester over to glasgow ( the route my flight to USA usually takes).. Having both object in my line of sight i can confirm that this ball of light was deffinetly not a plane and going by scales i would think this was in the region of about 60ft in length.

Unfortunatley we are getting battered by storms at the moment and the Pentland hills have a mass of dark grey thunder clouds rolling toward livingston. The ball of light proceeded to enter the clouds and this is where i lost it. At one point the ball of light was directly under the Jumbo, but i did not witness any of the two objects take measures to keep out of each others way.. Both kept on the original course and passed by each other.

My office is the top floor of a tower block so i high tailed it up the lift but could not see the object once i was at an elevated position, the storm clouds must have hidden this from View.

This is now my second sighting of strange lights.. We are in the direct flight path to edinburgh airport and ive seen planes landing and taking off all my life, every few minutes. This was most deffinetely not a plane.

You know you should have reported this to.
www.geocities.com...
or
www.123forum.com...
Both are UK Scottish reporting centers.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's starting to seem as though there may be a ufo flap developing. There appear to be more sightings than usual lately. If a flap does develop we will probably see more photos and videos than ever before because of the popularity of recording devices.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Nice pic. Good to see but unfortunate about the cloud coverage. Bloody Scotland. I live in Manchester and we're just a bit warmer than you guys.

It would've been interesting to see just a "V" in the middle of the sky just a few hundred feet in the air. I'm unsure without seeing just the V itself.

I agree that there appears to be a big increase in sightings lately, everyone keep your eyes to the sky and your cam on standby. Who knows????

Remirah.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is great clip of footage from scotland
watch this object as a plane flys past.
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
hey zeetroyman
i stay a balls kick away from west lothian college and i am sad to say that i did not see this ball of light, although my younger sister has noticed what she said looked like glowing birds in my back garden and she was not the only witness as she had a freind stayin over

might i ask what you do at west lothian college as im excited that someone into this live's so close by...

thanks

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey dude,

I used to own the top floor of the office block at Livingston Stadium, where the pics where taken from.

Im not there any longer due to a better job offer.

Lots of weird activity in Livingston, check my profile for other sightings ive seen, plus google dechmont law ufo and read up on some history on the landing just by Deer Park Golf course.

Nov 2009 is the 30th anniversary of this landing, im heading up there on the night to camp over and take some snaps for the guys at ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Im lookin forward to seeing your pics.
Ive been up there myself a couple of times but i think all evidence of the landing is gone.

new topics

top topics

join