It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of dreams are these?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hello all,
is there a name for the type of dreams that i have.

In my dream if i feel threatened or in trouble i can somehow make myself wake up from these.

Ie, if i was falling it seems like i know i am falling (in real life) and i make a conscious decision to tell myself in my dream "you must wake up now" and its like i will get a shudder then wake up?

You know the type of dream where you feel unable to move?
Well again i tell my self in real life to tell myself in the dream to "get out of this" and struggle free, again i feel the same shudder and then im awake?

I just wanted to know if there was a name for these type of dreams and if there was anything behind them ?, they are never the same or have the same people in them.
I always, from what i can remmeber dream in colour, is this normal, as ive heard that this is not?
I have certain dreams, where i can distinctivley remember "smells" again is this normal?

I do on occasions have very vivid dreams where when i awake i will be able to re-call every detail and everypoint, and some of the dreams i have are very wierd?

Any input appreciated..thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dream research is a hobby of mine. I am no professional, but I'll share with you what I know.

It was once thought that men rarely dream in colour. This has now been shown to be false through various dream studies, surveys, etc. Most people do dream in colour.

Smell is the sense most closely tied to memory. Recent dream research suggests that dreams are related to the brain's ability to convert short term memories to long term memory storage. Knowing that, I would guess that remembering smells from dreams isn't far fetched at all. Smells evoke memories, memories evoke smells.

The vividness of dreams is dependant upon many variables, depth of sleep, hormonal changes, medications - basically anything that can affect brain chemistry or function. I dream vividly myself and often recall very minute details.

Waking one's self up from a dream is also common. It may be tied to the "fight or flight" response which is more common in men than in women. Men, therefore, are often able to wake themselves from dreams, although women often have the ability as well. I couldn't find an actual name for the ability, I got the feeling that it was just to common to really name or categorize.

WWN

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WWN thanks for the reply
I have sent you a U2U , sorry
when you read it you will understand why
thankyou

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No worries spymaster. I understand completely.

I have read it and replied.

WWN

new topics

top topics

join