It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal Frisbee to be used by Troops....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is it true the U.S Airforce is making a lethal "FRISBEE"? Believe it! Not only that the Lethal Frisbee or UAV will be remote controlled and be able to "Hunt Down Evildoers". I have found very little on this, and if people are able to find out more about these I would appreciate it. I am interested in its implications. Hope the right people have control of these things.

www.defensetech.org
It ain't easy, picking out evil-doers in the urban canyons of the Middle East; there are so many places to hide. Taking 'em out can be even harder, what with all those noncombatants hanging nearby. But the Air Force thinks it might have an answer to this most vexing problem in counter-insurgency: frisbees.

Not just any frisbees, mind you. Robotic frisbees. Heavily armed robotic frisbees.

Real world use of this lethal weapon may already be happening. The Industrial Military Complex, no matter what people's opinion of them, seems to always have a new trick up it's sleeve. This weapon is something I think we have all at least thought about. As usual it looks like our military has taken all the steps to go ahead with it. And it looks extremely lethal. Hope the right people have control of these things.

Related News Links:
www.engadget.com

[edit on 14-1-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

[edit on 14-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That would be extremely cool if the frisbees look something like the disk cutter device that predator uses in the movie AVP.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Man, that does sound cool. How in the world would you be able to defend against it? Frisbees can be thrown / released silently. They are so fast and silent. They would be in the enemy's camp, possibly through a cracked window, or maybe under a door and KABAM! BOOM!! That would be so cool. You could limit the amount of explosives on it so that it wouldn't take out the whole building, but just the immediate area when it's detonated. Very good idea.

I also think they could make deadly biological weapons by using insects. Just put some ultra-contaminate on a bunch of controlled bugs and send them in. They could get into any place, almost. Or use nanobots instead of real bugs. That would be cool.. Unless they were used HERE or something, that would really suck then.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
damn you beat me to it! Thats what I was thinking. A evil robotic predator like disc.

I could see the drill intructor now.

"This here boys is a g3800 Trench clearer! You got tango and unfriendlies hidding behind some old berm or hunkered down in a foxhole you throw one of these babies! Just push the arming button and throw at intended target, and let it do the rest. These are disposable so do not try and catch or retieve your discharged G3800!"

Seriously though a giant frisbee? Armed with what? And how efficient is it? How would it fly a lifting fan in the center? What about it's fuel, where would that get stached can they fly fast enough to not get taken out by locals taking potshots at it? Or does it use some sort of anti grav antimatter reactor, deathray technology?

new topics

top topics

join