It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Republican Bill Requires Congressional Approval to Attack Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Advancing a weapons system without advancing any of the countries domestic problems is key in noticing this. They rather have weapons than a growing economy, decent education, etc..

Don't look now, but the very same could be said of the U.S.

Much of the middleclass has fallen either close to, or below the poverty line.

Millions can't get decent health care.

No Child Left Behind is a cruel joke.

Social safety net is being gutted.

An entire city, New Orleans, was destroyed, and those victims are still waiting for the type of help that should have been there from the beginning since they live in the 'richest' country in the world. But that 'rich' country is more interested in spending us into perpetual debt to the tune of billions of dollars to sate their bloodlust. And weapons? Geez, that goes without saying.

A huge swath of the Gulf Coast looks like New Orleans.

Many companies are going out of business including what were once considered rock solid companies.

Truth tellers, even ones who are generals, are being kicked out of service while pathological liars are given medals.

Warmongers demand more blood so the MIC can make more money, while we the people, the ones who are saying that the damage already done is ENOUGH, are ignored.

The people who work on the hill rake in big bucks, medical coverage and all manner of perks for much less than an honest day's work, and yet have fought against the people who crave more than a paltry minimum wage. These people who work on the hill work for us, they should NOT be making any more than the average citizen does. Those pampered, spoiled people wouldn't even know how to live in the poor manner that has been foisted on so many others.

I could go on, but I won't. I'll just say...

People who live in glass houses...

[edit on 2-2-2007 by ShadowEyes]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join