It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Voice From Big Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know me, (I havn't been around in awhile), I work in the mainstream media. I write for a large regional daily paper in the southeast.

today I got a call (in our newsroom) from a lady who wanted to alert us about the reason its snowing so badly in colorado: HAARP. The lady must've just heard about all that for the very first time. And she called the paper.

Which one would think was a reasonable thing to do. right?

Well, not really.

She said that she thot that it was payback time, the soviet union was using their haarp technology to exact revenge against us.

There was no way our paper would touch that with a ten foot pole.

So I told the lady that I am familiar with HAARP tech. and all that, but that our paper would not be covering that subject. There's no local angel/interest and we don't have tons of money to throw around on "conspiracy theories."

She was persistant with me trying to wrangle a larger audience, but I had to let her down gently. No one above my station on the food chain would bite. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I know about that subject. And I truly care about people like the lady who made that call. But there is absolutely nothing I can do in some cases.

Its a hard place to be in. But I definitely do what I can (within the mainstream media) as I can. That's something, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That's something indeed.

I work for a tv news organiztion, in sports, and it would be the same for any of our reporters. What most people don't understand is that there is only so much time for us to put the news on the air and unfortunately things like haarp just wouldn't make the cut. A local election, fire, murder, weather and, thank god, sports do make the cut. That's why it's important for people to search things out on the internet, read the newspapers, read magazines, watch national new, watch local news, talk to people yourself. I know it takes time, but this is now the information age. Those who know the most, wins.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey Media_Observer. I appreciate your comments, especially being that you work in the media. It's nice to know someone out there understands the contstraints we work under.

I do alot of research on my own time and I write what I can when I can (on different issues) and in different areas. I'll write an op/ed, or a CD review. It all just depends.

I criticize the mainstream media alot on covering Washington and foreign policy mainly. It's a sad state of coverage. Partly because of the time factor, but mostly because reporters are too cozy with the power elite; or are lazy and don't do dilligent homework. I guess its much easier copying Press releases.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What's the best website or even a book where I can learn about HAARP technology? I'm not familiar with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I criticize the mainstream media alot on covering Washington and foreign policy mainly. It's a sad state of coverage. Partly because of the time factor, but mostly because reporters are too cozy with the power elite; or are lazy and don't do dilligent homework. I guess its much easier copying Press releases.

I appreciate your honesty and efforts.

What I find amazing is someone like George Knapp can work for a decent size TV station and have virtually free reign on what he covers especially when it deals with UFOs and other paranormal topics.

I think we would all be a lot closer to the so called truth on many of these things if more of the mainstream media gave the free reign to its reporters like what George Knapp has.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is strange. I've lived in Colorado all my life, and I don't remember the state getting hit this hard with snow week after week. The funny thing is I remember seeing loads of Chemtrails in the sky in the weeks leading up to the storms. I was amazed because I had never seen Chemtrails before, and everyday after work at around 5pm I would look up on my drive home and see loads of them in the sky. This is the first time, that I have even thought about them being related to the storm, as I just basically wrote them off. Thanks for bringing this up. It really is something interesting to ponder!!!

top topics

join