It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAVs to patrol US Canadian Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) -- Unmanned surveillance aircraft will start patrolling the Canadian border by this fall, a Department of Homeland Security official said.

CNN Story

This should help cut down on all the illegal migrant fur trappers.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've heard that the US/Canada border is the longest undefended border between two countries on the planet. I've also seen sections of our border that are nothing more than a string of fence posts and some wire that comes to chest level across some farmers field.

With the current paranoia being spread by the American government and media I think this is a prudent move on their part. They've created a problem that they can now throw millions of dollars at, and thus placate the fears of their citizens that they created.

Perhaps the U.S.A. could also fund the tagging of all citizens in Canada with a chip in our butts just in case we start some massive invasion of Florida and Arizona during our long winter.

Those gray haired snowbirds that migrate south every year could be a threat to national security.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I appreciate the humor Country Soul, but there are some in the US that believe 9/11 was actually executed by fanatic fundamentalist non-American muslims and truly worry that another attack will eventually occur.

Being unaware of what kind of policies and strategies Canada's govt employs to keep suspected terrorists out of the country, I can see where some Americans could be concerned that terrorists could gain entry into Canada more easily than the US, then slip across the long unmanned, unpatrolled border.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well dbs, I can tell you we have 7 of them locked in Seg here. We are not as inept as your gov't would lead you to believe.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Easy there big fella - Nobody said anything about ineptness.

Simple logic would lead most to believe that if Canada is not a major target of international terrorists, it's screening methods might not be as rigorous as those of another country. Thats all I meant.

[edit on 1/12/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Easy there big fella - Nobody said anything about ineptness.

Apologies if I came off as brusk, it wasn't meant that way and you didn't say anything about ineptness but I read the paper daily, maybe I just swallowed some Canadian propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm not terribly worried about terrorists, but if it can deter the traffic in drugs going south and guns coming north, then Woohoo!

It might not be what they are intended for, but hey, if it makes the US sleep better at night and there are actual benefits, then go ahead and fly these things on your side of the border to your hearts content.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
C'mon...What's a little airspace violation between friends?

[edit on 1/12/2007 by darkbluesky]

top topics

join