It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happenstance...or assassination attempt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This posting is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but given my interests and activity on ATS, it certainly can prove thought-provoking.

On New Year's Eve, my neighborhood turned into world war III with all of the fireworks. Just after midnight, during the cacaphony of all the bangs, whizzes, pops, there was a loud crack against my house.

My wife and I glanced at each other, fresh from watching Dick Clark and images of Times Square and about to go to bed for the night. We assumed at the time that someone's bottle rocket hit our house. Call it a lack of observance or maybe even denial, but it was a full week later that I noticed a hole in the wall of our bedroom. It was nearly to the ceiling on the wall facing our backyard.

Studying the hole, it didn't take a forensics expert to immediately deduce that it was a bullet hole. Sure enough, across the room, at waist level was a perfectly round entry hole, just above the waynes coating. The bullet seemingly exited the office closet in the next room with a hole the size of a tennis ball.

In hindsight, the realization was frightening, and we now know how incredibly lucky we were. On any normal night, my wife and I would likely have been in bed. The bullet would have passed at a downward angle over our heads. Had I or she been reading or watching TV in bed at the time, it's conceivable either one of us could have been shot and even killed.

Over the weekend, I will take pictures of the holes and post them here.

While I do believe, especially given the angle of entry, that it was a stray bullet, there is the paranoid part of me who wonders if sometimes we have strayed close to the truth here at ATS and, well, certain members of the conspiracy would prefer reading my obituary than reading my postings....

Just thought I'd share this story....

[edit on 12-1-2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hmm...

Do you have any neighbors or anybody that really doesn't like you or your wife?

Since it was New Year's Eve I would think someone got a little too exicted and started shooting, and a stray bullet hit your house.

Stay safe

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Hmm...

Do you have any neighbors or anybody that really doesn't like you or your wife?

Since it was New Year's Eve I would think someone got a little too exicted and started shooting, and a stray bullet hit your house.

Stay safe

No enemies that I know of. I agree with your later theory: In fact, we live about 1/2 mile away from some sketchy apartments. They're the ones that the Atlanta Courthouse shooter was caught in a year ago. SO, I suspect a gangbanger got a little overzealous on New Years Eve and was too stupid to understand that bullets do eventually come back to earth.

join