It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Mourinho leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey guys,

With Chelsea conceding goals in just about every game these days since Terry got injured you would think it would be logic to sign a defender who can do a job. Rather than playing players out of position to help out Carvahlo in the centre.

But according to Mourhino, he has said who he wants but the board won't back him.

And Mourinho said: "I've identified the players that I want but they will not come. It's club reasons and I don't have to tell you why.

"I have asked for players and it's not my choice that no-one is coming."

Fair enough, Terry should be back within the next few weeks and Cech possibly in late February. But the way its going, they might slip more points behind. With the ammount of money Roman has buying ain't a problem, so is there a bit of conflict between him and Mourinho?

Back in the summer, there was talk of whos buyin again... Cos Shevchenko has been stinking and although Ballack is doing alright, he ain't anywhere near his best. And that led to talk of Mourinho being not happy with the situation.

So come summer, what do you reckon....? Will Mourinho be out the door? and if he wins the league, is Roman's mind already made up or will Mourinho want to leave?

BBC Source

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It is probable but i am sure he will stay until the end of the season. Chelsea are sill having a pretty good season it is just that they got so used to winning that they can't bear the sour taste of drawing and occasionally loosing. I do think they need to get a decent defender or two and the fact that they want to become stingy all of a sudden isn't helping their situation one bit. Look at the amount of money Manchester United spend when they want and need quality, close to 30 million every time.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
According to reports, he's quitting at the end of the season.

I'm not surprised to be honest. People have a go at lesser managers and their bad buys, Mourinhio has made some stinkers.. Ok, he's bought a few decent players, but so would anyone with the amounts of cash that hes allowed to spend. They could give coco the clown the managers job at Chelsea and they would still do as good.

One deal is Mikel, stole him from Man Utd, had to pay them a transfer fee and how crap does he look.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I was in his position right now, and even the worst managers out there would recognize you need to sign a defender. And then get told no, thats not happening you would be well annoyed.

The thing is and Mourinho pointed it out, some Portuguese paper had a story of the dark days of Mourinho. And Mourinho came out and say, alright I am 6 points behind and still in every cup. So really, is he doing bad?

Depending on when Terry and Cech get back, I think its still possible for Chelsea to win it. When it comes to crunch time and its Chelski against Man Utd at Stamford Bridge, I think the blues will win. Man Utd have been amazing, while Chelsea have been pretty poor yet only find themselves 6 points chasing. And they have been carrying Shevchenko who has been rubbish.

Wonder if Roman will sell him in the summer?

I think the way its looking, he can win the league but the bad feeling is already created between mourinho and roman and only 1 can walk.

I think Mikel has potential, hes like 17 years old right? for someone that age hes a giant. He has some build on him and looks real atheletic, in time working with the guys hes playing with you would expect him to get well better. I think he will turn out to be good. Think he is pretty dirty though, always seems to be doing bad tackles

top topics

join