It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't the contactees talking to each other here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If they all want disclosure so bad, why are all the ATS contactees not banding together, putting ideas and thoughts together in one thread, comparing notes, whatever? Attempting to make real strides for and with the people.

Is it because they fear they will be revealed?

Is it because they will be flamed off the board for no proof? There is Skunk Works and BTS, we can discuss the spiritual side or dimensional side of the phenomena, try and build a big picture rather than the current fragmented 2 cents here and there, what about the religious impacts and how the individual has perceived it?

Does the phenomena cross borders with more than one forum here?

The fact that this does not happen, what does it mean? Is it just because disinfo agents will come in and clutter it up and confuse? Isn't that happening anyway?

Is it because they know they will contradict?
Is it because they know that proof cannot be had by some and those some don't buy that?
Is it because they know that disclosure isn't happening or that the truth really is that scary?

Rather than the people going round in circles looking for their proof, they want to know what contactees know and how you know it. There is a band of members on ATS who can happily have a discussion and explore possibilities without proof demands to claims. I don't see how this gets the masses further into the phenomena if they already believe.

Trying to get the world to admit it or believe seems to be the aim of disclosure and no amount of evidence is changing that. It doesn't need to be such a big jump in one go, just take one bite at a time.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
they dotn want to be taken to one of the countless deep underground prisons

Dae

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Is it because they will be flamed off the board for no proof?

Ill go for that answer. ATS just isnt that sort of place I think. If a board specifically for contactees were made with the special rule that you dont need proof to post your experiences (ie you can lie if you want
), then maybe people will be willing to share their stories. As it is, I image there will be places on the net that people can share their stories without fear of being ridiculed.

I love how ATS works, dont get me wrong, but if we want more people talking about their experiences (really, thats IF we want them to) then I reckon a separate board for this would be necessary. Like the poster Alien Agenda, his threads probably wouldnt get so much 'heat' if it was posted on a board designed for 'experiences' that have no proof. And people wouldnt flame so much I think or even visit such a thread if it had its own place with its own rules.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Prote

Your signature says alot to explain what you are asking.

"For those that believe, no proof is necessary, for those that don't, none will suffice."

I think your comment of thinking experiencers will be revealed as to why not making a thread of comparison is rude, it implies lying and that is presumtious on your part. Are you a liar? Do you want to be called such?

You talk of proof, I took a picture of the bruise I woke up with that appeared to have been "scooped" in the center by something, but if I posted it people would just say I did something else or it was photoshopped or something like that. We all know how elusive "proof" is in this area.

If others want to honestly explore what might be going on, and attempt to find some meaning or possible sources I am willing to participate, but I am not willing to go on display to be made fun of and called a liar by those who don't believe.

I am even opened to the whole thing being somehow hypnotism or strange technology. And I don't "want disclosure so bad" as you said, I just wandered into something I don't understand, and now I want to understand.

That is my bit...................

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
You talk of proof, I took a picture of the bruise I woke up with that appeared to have been "scooped" in the center by something, but if I posted it people would just say I did something else or it was photoshopped or something like that. We all know how elusive "proof" is in this area.

If others want to honestly explore what might be going on, and attempt to find some meaning or possible sources I am willing to participate, but I am not willing to go on display to be made fun of and called a liar by those who don't believe.

I am even opened to the whole thing being somehow hypnotism or strange technology. And I don't "want disclosure so bad" as you said, I just wandered into something I don't understand, and now I want to understand.

That is my bit...................

InterestedAlways,

This is exactly what I am talking about. Why shouldn't you be able to explore what the heck you don't understand? There are many that are in the same boat as you, we may find out that aliens are not actually what we thought they were, my own feelings are that it bridges many of the forums here. But members like yourself, and lurkers, do not come forward for the very reasons you state and I think that is sad.

Dae,

You make very good points, I'm not inclined to disagree only to say that it could be argued that ATS is full of topics, conversations et al about subjective issues and unsupportable claims, it's what make the place so fascinating.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Great thread Prote!

Speaking as an experiencer, I have stopped posting in this area due to the new members and some of the older members now insisting on youtube proof or ETs landing on the White House lawn. This stance does not allow for non-conventional avenues of information on ETs and the threads that have dealt with these areas recently were filled with flames. I’ve had several unusual occurrences lately but have not posted them due to this. And I gotta say, I really do want to share them with y’all, I am flummoxed by them and would love to get your theories as to what they were all about, but I will not do so in this new, attack all non-nuts & bolts environment.

Hi Dae!

It would be great if we had a forum dedicated to peoples’ ET experiences. And if we did I would hope that it would also include the not so conventional means of communication between experiencers and extra-dimensional beings who might be considered ETs in some cases. This area has yet to be properly discussed and is related to Vallee’s findings which I believe have merit and should be explored. With that said, I also understand that it will be up to the reader to sort through the posts and assign credibility at their own discretion but to then restrain themselves from responding in a derogatory manner if they don’t believe the post as that would deter other experiencers from stepping forward, many of whom may be totally legit.

It seems that when Springer was involved with this forum it was a more open environment for the experiencers and if he does not have the time to devote to this anymore perhaps he would be the one to propose the creation of an experiencer or contactee area to, knowing that it would keep the flames to a minimum and allow experiencers/contactees to share more.

Thanks for starting this thread Prote, it really gets to the core of the current situation on this forum,

STM

Dae

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
With that said, I also understand that it will be up to the reader to sort through the posts and assign credibility at their own discretion but to then restrain themselves from responding in a derogatory manner if they don’t believe the post as that would deter other experiencers from stepping forward, many of whom may be totally legit.

Thats exactly what I think too, spot on! It would be awsome if ATS could have a board like this, I would love to read about yours and anyone elses experiences and use my own judgement/intuition. I think it would need really strict rules like, only post if you are asking questions or relating to the thread, no bashing, no oneline jokes, no name calling or bringing up mental health issues ect.

As it is, if someone wants to relate their experience, we only have the Alien/ UFO board but if there was a specific board for this and people dont like the subject, they wont have to read it and still have their Alien/UFO board 'nice and respectable'

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As someone who has both a disability as well as experiences, I can only say how thankful I am there is a u2u feature on board the ATS mothership.

It has been invaluable in talking with other contactees without having to swim through the diversions and ridicule of those who don't walk the same road.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
If they all want disclosure so bad, why are all the ATS contactees not banding together, putting ideas and thoughts together in one thread, comparing notes, whatever? Attempting to make real strides for and with the people.

Is it because they fear they will be revealed?

Is it because they will be flamed off the board for no proof? There is Skunk Works and BTS, we can discuss the spiritual side or dimensional side of the phenomena, try and build a big picture rather than the current fragmented 2 cents here and there, what about the religious impacts and how the individual has perceived it?

Does the phenomena cross borders with more than one forum here?

The fact that this does not happen, what does it mean? Is it just because disinfo agents will come in and clutter it up and confuse? Isn't that happening anyway?

Is it because they know they will contradict?
Is it because they know that proof cannot be had by some and those some don't buy that?
Is it because they know that disclosure isn't happening or that the truth really is that scary?

Rather than the people going round in circles looking for their proof, they want to know what contactees know and how you know it. There is a band of members on ATS who can happily have a discussion and explore possibilities without proof demands to claims. I don't see how this gets the masses further into the phenomena if they already believe.

Trying to get the world to admit it or believe seems to be the aim of disclosure and no amount of evidence is changing that. It doesn't need to be such a big jump in one go, just take one bite at a time.

Thoughts?

You can't speak freely here without getting blasted by either a member or a moderator. Like i said in another thread. If you come up with an ET experience that is way out of the ordinary, you get flagged, no matter what you say, things been true or not.

We can still talk about things, but don't expect to get much accomplished here unless you have the remains of an EBE, ETV debris...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by seentoomuch
With that said, I also understand that it will be up to the reader to sort through the posts and assign credibility at their own discretion but to then restrain themselves from responding in a derogatory manner if they don’t believe the post as that would deter other experiencers from stepping forward, many of whom may be totally legit.

Thats exactly what I think too, spot on! It would be awsome if ATS could have a board like this, I would love to read about yours and anyone elses experiences and use my own judgement/intuition. I think it would need really strict rules like, only post if you are asking questions or relating to the thread, no bashing, no oneline jokes, no name calling or bringing up mental health issues ect.

As it is, if someone wants to relate their experience, we only have the Alien/ UFO board but if there was a specific board for this and people dont like the subject, they wont have to read it and still have their Alien/UFO board 'nice and respectable'

That's an awesome idea! So we could get at the bottom of things without becoming frustrated. Hopefully someone at ATS will pick this one up and make a special section in Aliens & UFO.

Dae

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
As someone who has both a disability as well as experiences, I can only say how thankful I am there is a u2u feature on board the ATS mothership.

You know, I had wondered that when I was writing these posts. I lamented the fact that I wouldnt see the u2u's flying around behind the scenes, stuff Im sure alot of people want out in the open, for others just to read or relate, whatever.

ATS mamaship, awsome

@ tock

Maybe you should request it in that thread, 'ATS what do you want to see in the future' one (thats off the top of my head), you never know! Id do it but my history for request and responses is very poor, you may have better luck!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I agree with seentomuch and those others who are also agreeing on this...

I would say that this board DEFINITELY needs sub-forum within this Aliens and UFO room on this board that focuses exclusively on experiencers communications with ET's and/or earth-based ET's and ultra-terrestrial beings.

An on-going in-depth dialogue on Jacque Vallee's writings would also be very relevant to those topics discussed in this new sub-forum too... as well as other related topics like alien abductee's where those members who believe that they have had such experiences can freely talk about them without being ridiculed or flamed.
Let's hope that the administrators of ATS will consider our request for an Experiencers sub-forum for the Alien and UFO forum.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Reasons, reasons, reasons....

Most contactees are full of crap and prefer the hit and run method of posting. They crave attention but always jump out at the critical juncture of exposure.

You can certainly give credence to certain people such as STM for going to extremes to find answers. I am more likely to believe someone that is consistent. Someone that doesn't claim to have all the answers or even questions themselves. I find it hard to accept a contactee that jumps into a thread to tell us all the answers based on what the aliens told them. Some I find to be quite ridiculous and these are people that are responsible for young children. They know who they are.

However, with all that being said I do try to keep an open mind and not pass judgment. My friend Prote had opened my eyes to the idea of trying not to draw too many conclusions even in the most extreme cases. Although, he will tell you that I only give out just so much rope.

Unfortunately if you start putting in sub forums, it starts to get very
saturated. Once one sub goes in it will start a flood of them to dissect every subject. You will end up with a complex matrix or encyclopedia of forum sub subjects that many will not even be able to find which will cause posting in wrong forum instances to skyrocket. We will need hundreds of mods to handle all the maintenance.

I think a sub site is more the answer. Linked to from the UFO forum and completely separate although not completely removed. This sub site could imbed right into the main page frame of ATS. That way as more of these specific subjects are subbed out they will be separately maintained but still under the ATS umbrella.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Something I just remembered that I feel it only fair to add to this discussion is that early on in the thread of AA's www.abovetopsecret.com...' (link)

I had spoken briefly to a mod regarding my hesitance to post my odd happenings. This mod suggested that I start my own thread with the details so that others who might also be experiencing such things or who may be able to relate to such things could share and possibly we could find some common ground and understanding of what may be going on. It was suggested that my occurances would be lost in all the baggage that has accumulated on the original thread.

I didn't have the guts to do so, and I realize that my sparadic comments on AA's thread have in fact been lost in the clutter and have not been explored as valid nor has anyone asked questions or seemed to think them as being relevent.

So my point here is that it was suggested by a mod that we start a thread, just like the OP here has stated and I agreee that it is a very good idea, if I haven't already lost all credibility I would still like to participate in a thread that does just that.

Dae

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Most contactees are full of crap and prefer the hit and run method of posting. They crave attention but always jump out at the critical juncture of exposure.

Maybe and maybe not, lets have a board for them so we can find out for ourselves, lets at least give it a chance.

I am more likely to believe someone that is consistent. Someone that doesn't claim to have all the answers or even questions themselves. I find it hard to accept a contactee that jumps into a thread to tell us all the answers based on what the aliens told them.

Thats your method in discerning what you are willing to believe, awsome its a good one, one that I use also. So, lets have a board for 'experiencers' and we can read peoples stories and make our own 'judgements'.

Unfortunately if you start putting in sub forums, it starts to get very saturated. Once one sub goes in it will start a flood of them to dissect every subject...

One person I think mentioned a sub forum, most others wished for a new board, so really your concerns about sub forums and their effects are not the point.

I think a sub site is more the answer.

Whats wrong with a new board, no need for such a distance... your not embarrassed are ya? I think ATS mothership is big and bad enough to handle a new board of this nature.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Whats wrong with a new board, no need for such a distance... your not embarrassed are ya? I think ATS mothership is big and bad enough to handle a new board of this nature.

Embarrassed about what?

A new board is the same as a sub if I understand what you are saying. Again you are suggesting something that will IMO will start a trend of breaking off into too many groups.

My idea has no distance to it, what do you mean by distance? You mean clicking to an imbedded site is creating distance?

top topics

join