It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP Germanium Diode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I recently bought a tape recorder and a germanium diode as i've read this combination is extremely helpful for capturing an EVP. Now that i have the diode, i have no clue what to do with the tiny thing. Can someone familiar with electronics give me a hint on what to do next? Do i need to build an antenna out of it? Soder it into my input and just leave it sticking out? I dont really understand the concept behind it and how it actually works together yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Contact Frank Sumption

Hii,

There's a guy named Frank Sumption who can help you with this. Contact him via his yahoo e-group room.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Really? People do this hoping to capture EVP's? You might want to consider that a germanium junction (i.e., germanium diode) acts as an RF detector. What you are building essentially (by wiring a germanium diode to a recording device's microphone input) is a short wave crystal radio. You're going to pick up broad band radio transmissions. Anything you record is going to be significantly suspect.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What you are building essentially (by wiring a germanium diode to a recording device's microphone input) is a short wave crystal radio. You're going to pick up broad band radio transmissions. Anything you record is going to be significantly suspect.

That is my understanding as well from what i've read. Are you suggesting that the communications themselves would likely be nothing more than random short wave traffic, that i might confuse as the supposed...EVP voice? I guess if the "ghosts" or "aliens" or whatever would have logical answers to questions posed to it, it definatly sounds worth a try. I'm also trying to build a "SpiritComm" device, it sucks, i dont know anyone other than that Meeks guy who built one, as I'd pay good money to purchase a prebuilt unit by Meeks specific Specs. I'm sure all this stuff has to be nonsense, but you never know, and you'll never know if you dont at least investigate.

www.totse.com...

[edit on 11-1-2007 by hiii_98]

[edit on 11-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hope you can keep us all posted on whatever you decide to try hiii!
Good Luck!

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Palasheea]

top topics

join