It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran:Members of Parliament Try to Impeach AHMADINEJAD!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow, I find this very surprising to me.

I know most western countries would like to see "the mouth of the middle east” shut up and or removed from office.

I guess I did not credit the rest of Iran's government/population enough to even try to start to take such action.

I am left with one question, if he is removed from office.

Was all his bluster, threats and such, was it all HIS BS or was he just the mouth piece for the higher ups???
Source

Tehran, 9 Jan. (AKI) - Iranian reformist lawmakers have started collecting signatures in Parliament to demand the impeachment of the country's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. So far, 38 signatures have been collected out of the 72 required to formally summon Ahmadinejad and request his impeachment. Noureddin Pirmouzen, a deputy with the reformist minority, says it is nonetheless "positive to question" the head of the executive branch.
"Many actions of the current government and of president Ahmadinejad have led the country to an extremely worrying political and economic situation," Pirmouzen told the Iranian news website Aftab.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Its all the religious leaders hate speech. They select who the candidates for Presidency will be then "allow" the voting to take place.

The only reason they may not like him now is because hes actually vocal about what Iran wants. Im sure they would prefer a pretty face with a quiet mouth that didnt draw so much attention.

I like Ahmadenijad because you know hes crazy and he says exactly what he wants. Even still, people defend him

If they get some "nice guy" president we wouldnt know what he was up to.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's the first link I found in Google news:

Adnkronos International

Tehran, 9 Jan. (AKI) - Iranian reformist lawmakers have started collecting signatures in Parliament to demand the impeachment of the country's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. So far, 38 signatures have been collected out of the 72 required to formally summon Ahmadinejad and request his impeachment. Noureddin Pirmouzen, a deputy with the reformist minority, says it is nonetheless "positive to question" the head of the executive branch.

"Many actions of the current government and of president Ahmadinejad have led the country to an extremely worrying political and economic situation," Pirmouzen told the Iranian news website Aftab.

Referring to a resolution of the UN Security Council unanimously approved on 23 December which imposes sanctions on Tehran over its nuclear programme, the MP said "it is the last straw which has made Iranians loose their patience." The international community fears Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons and has repeatedly asked the government to halt sensitive nuclear work - a demand ignored by Tehran which claims its programme is solely for civilian use.

"Parliament cannot sit still in front of the current situation and watch as the economy worsens because of the government's inability," he added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not sure how reliable that news source is since I never heard of it before. Anyway, it's not that surprising to me...Ahmadinjad doesn't seem to be very popular, his supporters lost in nearly every local election race recently I think the Iranian people are pretty smart and don't want to end up nuked by the U.S. or Israel, I think they'd rather take a more positive path towards a more moderate regime.

join