It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find traces of cocaine on banknotes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Im in dublin and everyday on the news there is stuff about coke. Its a poblem here but im surprised it is so high especially the highest in europe. I would have thought hash was more widely used.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In the UK they did a test of all the toilets in the House of Commons (Parliament building). Tests for coke came back positive on ALL toilets except one: The visitor toilets. But every toilet used by the members of parliament themselves tested pos for coke. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by DrLeary
It makes you cocky, strong, fearless and energetic, so is a big help to those who don't naturally have these "qualities".

For about 20 minutes, then you have to do more and more or you feel like crap and feel very unmotivated. After a while it doesn't work anymore and you just have a sore, stuffy nose and alot less money. Coke sucks, well all stimulants suck but coke is worthless. But yeah, it's showing up on money is probably more due to people rolling up the bill and snorting with it than it being placed next to kilos...

Totally agree with you. Didn't mean to make it sound like coke was a good thing, just trying to explain why so many people use it. It's a very dangerous drug because of the cost, the people who deal in it, and the fact that over time it alters the chemistry in your brain permanently.
Then you're screwed and pretty much unable to find satisfaction in anything you do. So kids, if you're gonna do drugs, stick to the weed

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Because of where I live and the people I know, I can get hold of a gram of strong coke for £20(For those who do not know the prices, that's very cheap up to what it was 3 years ago. Used to be £40per gram and that wasn't very good stuff either.) Most of the people I know(Including my parents) take it/have taken it and I myself have dabbled with it on occasion. I just don't find the article that shocking to be honest. It's more widespread than most people realise. At least in the UK it is, not sure about the rest of the world

I find your honesty refreshing, like you say I to am not surprised, the use of coc aine is very common, more common than alot of people would like to believe, everyone uses it or has (obviously not EVERYONE, but you know what I mean.) I aint saying the worlds full of addicts (we all know their are people who do have a problem.) but its something people do "socially" which I dont particularly "like" but I accept, but what annoys me is that their is a tendency for people to be demonised for using drugs which I find ignorant.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

stick to the weed

Yeah "weed" is seen as a lot less serious but to be honest through experience it really shouldnt be, it is known to cause schizophrenia in long term users, causes short term memory loss and effectively dumbs you down. half the time you wouldnt know what you are really smoking. theirs allsorts tossed in their aswell as plenty of diseases, contracting diseases from "weed" in the short term I aint sure about, but their is definately alot of stuff in coc aine, things like Hepatitis and ive heard AIDs can also be transferred this way.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some well written posts.
What worries me is the seemingly ever increasing usage of drugs like coc aine,
if the message get across to kids that this highly addictive and dangerous drug is so easily obtainable and they can afford it then you can be sure the dealers will be kept in business.
Why has the market value of such a renowned substance dropped?
I have seen many reports but few answers. What is being done to counter this?

JbT

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im confused.

How are these drugs getting on th bills? Is it from rolling up the bills and using them as a "straw" to inhale? or are they just from the cash being in touch with the drugs when selling and such?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Has Bill Clinton visiting Ireland recently?

OK now seriously.
It will become a problem at airports when they do a swab test on someone.
This will be very inconvenient getting held up by customs when they discover some drug traces on the belongings....

[edit on 10-1-2007 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Since the late 70's and early 80's there was always traces of coc aine on bills. The tool of choice was always rolled up bills used for sniffing. I'm sure on a lot of the older bills this will still be obvious. Paper money is after all more of a cotton then it is actually paper. It probably absorbs the drugs easily.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
If one person uses a rolled up bill to snort coc aine and then spends the note the next day it will come in contact with other bills in the till.

That bugs me more than traces of coc aine.
that fact that some of my cash may have spent time in someones nostril.

dang dirty money.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman
Has Bill Clinton visiting Ireland recently?

OK now seriously.
It will become a problem at airports when they do a swab test on someone.
This will be very inconvenient getting held up by customs when they discover some drug traces on the belongings....

Absolutely; inconvenient yes, but an offence no - has to be a useable amount.

Not just UK and Ireland, we know about the river in Italy but it's also been reported that Spanish and German banknotes are all contaminated.

Traces of coc aine can be found on 94% of euro banknotes circulating in Spain, a study has suggested.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Almost all euro banknotes circulating in Germany contain traces of coc aine, German researchers say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't bother with coke anymore - the quality's rubbish and it's full of really dangerous stuff.

Only once have I ever had what I now know was proper un-cut coke and it was, frankly, great - the modern street stuff is weak & dangerous @ £20-30 a gramme what else would you expect?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofKratom
We should treat drug addiction the same as alcoholism or smoking.

Totally agree with you on this one.

If drugs were legalised, they could be taxed and the money made could be spent on rehabilitation and education programs of the dangers of addictive substances.

My gut reaction (which I trust very much) tells me that this is not the right approach. De-criminalize pot, that's OK by me. But not coke, heroin, meth, etc., because they can turn into a destructive habit within a season. I don't know the solution, but I don't think legalization is the answer. And any drug that you pop a vein to ingest brings another set of problems.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
That bugs me more than traces of coc aine.
that fact that some of my cash may have spent time in someones nostril.

dang dirty money.

That was priceless!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
Yeah "weed" is seen as a lot less serious but to be honest through experience it really shouldnt be, it is known to cause schizophrenia in long term users, causes short term memory loss and effectively dumbs you down. half the time you wouldnt know what you are really smoking. theirs allsorts tossed in their aswell as plenty of diseases, contracting diseases from "weed" in the short term I aint sure about, but their is definately alot of stuff in coc aine, things like Hepatitis and ive heard AIDs can also be transferred this way.

Wow....I've smoked weed for some years and never heard anything about AIDS, Hepatitis or any other disease transmitted this way, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt
If I ever have to "defend" my use - which I don't really do any more because I don't feel it's anybodys business what I do to my own body - I would site the fact that nobody has ever died from smoking weed and that studies show the loss of memory and other dumbing-down effects are not permanent even with heavy and long term use.

If you cut it out you'll be back to where you started pretty soon. But I'm not saying it's harmless either! It is known to trigger latent psychosis in some people predisposed to it, so if you're having pscycological problems I wouldn't reccomend using it. As long as you aren't completely braindead and read up on things (such as drugs) before you plunge into it, you can pretty much find out what is safe and what is not. Abuse will always lead to trouble no matter the substance. That's why these days I stick to the drugs that mother earth gives us, and stay away from pills and chemicals because those are the drugs that will mess you up the most in the shortest time. Like the saying: Don't panic, it's organic!

Anyway, what I was really going to post about was the price of coke that I see some people posting here. $20-30! WTF??? Here you'd have to pay around $200-250 for one gram! That's why I think it's a fashionable drug for those with a bit of money, and not something for the average junky... Insanely expensive... But you are a lot closer to Colombia, so I guess it makes sense

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Personally I detest all types of drugs and never have nor never will
even even experiment with them, they are destructive and quite simply products of evil. Sound heavy? Well it should.
I have no problem with people smoking pot or whatever once they do it in their own time and in their own privacy, and if cannabis does bring relief to those who suffer pain then I'm all for it but I hope drugs such as the aforementioned
charlie are never ever legalised (as has been discussed in certain european countries) as then we will have yet another opportunity for the youth of today to hit the self destruct button.
Nicotine and tobacco are enough of a problem nowadays without the threat of cheap and easy to obtain class A drugs.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wow....I've smoked weed for some years and never heard anything about AIDS, Hepatitis or any other disease transmitted this way, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt

Na I meant that you can get that from Cocaine. "Weed" I aint to sure about. Hash on the otherhand is just a cocktail of alot of stuff, diesel ,plastic and excrement (just some of the worse stuff off the top of my head). Thats what could be in that dark brown stuff your about to chuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join