It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea tested a Nuke??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Watch this, it is described as nuclear bomb test caught on film taken from a Japanese fishing boat.

www.livevideo.com...

I'm not really convinced, but thought i'd throw it out there see if anyones got any more info on this. Apparantly clip is only 5 secs long as radiation destroyed the film - so it wasn't digital then?

Also earthquake like tremors were said to be felt as far away as Australia.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I didnt feel any tremours here mate! There is no way to verify the location of that video - how do we know it was a nuclear bomb any way? could be some new weapon being tested.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That really doesn't look like any kind of weapons test to me. The reason I say this is there appears to be a "fireball" on the horizon that hangs there a second before appearing to get brighter and brighter and illuminating things closer to the observer.

What I saw when I looked at the clip was a view of a sunrise or sunset with the camera's aperture closed up quite a bit so all you could see was the sun itself (the "fireball") partially hidden behind distant clouds. Then the camera operator changed the exposure, opening the lens aperture rapidly, thus overexposing and washing out the bright areas around the sun and bringing the darker--but still illuminated--areas previously hidden into reasonable exposure range.

In other words, a little bit of fudging around with the camera. That's all.

EDIT: Another viewing reveals that someone left a very similar comment on the site with the video in question. Well, then, count me in as another vote.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Tabasco1]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The video looks fake to me.

I think it is just the camera trying to focus on the sun...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Wasn't the NK test carried out deep underground? At least I think I read that it was.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Wasn't the NK test carried out deep underground? At least I think I read that it was.

Yes it was certainly an underground test. If it hadn't been, we wouldn't have been scratching our heads wondering if it was or wasn't a test for so long, we'd have seen it from space.

The film is of a nuclear reaction, but one that's taking place in the solar core, not on Earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't of started this one - mabe beer got to me!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The nuke they detonated wasnt even that powerful not even as powerfull as the two we dropped in Japan I have stated on here before that it shouldnt even be called a nuke because it was so weak not even 1 megaton I believe. Ours are far more powerfull.

When the bomb went off it registered on machines set up to track earthquakes around the world they knew it was a bomb with a larger than average yield as soon as it registered because the unique lines that are drawn on a seismograph so they knew it wasnt like they were chickens with their heads cut off they just wanted to be sure.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 4-3-2007 by 19 Kilo]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
North Korea tested a dud, or merely used explosives while starting construction on one of their underground facilities. Remember it took a while for anyone to claim that they detected elevated radiation levels, and being that the media often slants and lies over here I seriously doubt there were even any elevated radiation levels period.

join