It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq invasion was for oil - confirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rockpuck

It seems that you think that is all honey and bread in Iraq do you,

What a dreamer!!!!!!!!

Get a hold of yourself and let me spell it out.

Iraq A nightmare, Iraq A government that is holding thanks to US backing their Arses, Iraq Shiite government, Shiite militias in charge.

Guess what Rockpuck, nobody is going to drill anything in Iraq contract or not as long as Iraq is fighting within itself.

BTW where do you think the money for the drilling is coming?

From the oil barons? keep dreaming, keep dreaming.

I cannot wait to see how he oil barons are planning to start drilling

I got it, US will be making their bases in the drilling zones so they can barricade the workers.

Yeah come an talk to me Rock.

I think what Rock was refering too about "mid east welfare" is the fact that many Mid East countries (in particular Kuwait, Qatar, and the UAE) reap so much REVENUE from THEIR OIL, (that happens to be pumped out by western oil companies) that they are able to provide massive amounts of goods and services to their citizens. Health Care is free, there is virtually no taxes, sometimes the citizens even get CHECKS cut to them at the end of the year. Kuwait give newly married couples something like 10,000 dollars. Mind you these states are generally stable, and not radicallized, which is something Iraq currently doesn't have, but IF that problem can be solved (and thats doubtful) with 80% of the profit from western companies doing the work going to the Govt, Iraq COULD find itself in a similar situation.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rockpuck

It seems that you think that is all honey and bread in Iraq do you,

What a dreamer!!!!!!!!

Get a hold of yourself and let me spell it out.

Iraq A nightmare, Iraq A government that is holding thanks to US backing their Arses, Iraq Shiite government, Shiite militias in charge.

Guess what Rockpuck, nobody is going to drill anything in Iraq contract or not as long as Iraq is fighting within itself.

BTW where do you think the money for the drilling is coming?

From the oil barons? keep dreaming, keep dreaming.

I cannot wait to see how he oil barons are planning to start drilling

I got it, US will be making their bases in the drilling zones so they can barricade the workers.

Yeah come an talk to me Rock.

....Riiight....

It is .... now..

But you do not make long term (30 years) plans based on the going ons of now? .. And yes.. the money generated from the oil will feul the economy.. why do men fight? .. A better question.. why don't Americans and Brits fight like this? .. We have jobs. Make jobs and you will end the violence. People are better to manage when they have a morgage.

I know Iraq is a mess now. I know that you want to dwell on that. And I know you wouldn't like a plan unless it POOF and fixed the problems. And I know anything that appears to make money for anyone but Iraq would in some way appear .. wrong? .. We buy a large percentage of our oil from the Middle East, and it is our oil companies that profit. What makes Iraq different? Nothing. I can assure you, Iraq will be bringing in the same amount, maybe even more then pre war.

Again. Step back. View the entire situation. Understand how these deals work. Good. Join the conversation.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Rockpuck, sorry for misunderstanding your previous post, you are right in the sense that places like Quatar and Kuwait have a kind of shared wealth, but not all the oil countries do, we in the US don't and neither in Africa coast and Saudi wealth distribution is manipulated by the feudal monarchy.

With that in mind I will say that the emerging elite of Shiites . . . no all of them and Kurds will be sharing the wealth in Iraq once the oil pass to the hands of the American oil barons, but remember that the only reason the manipulated government on Iraq will be giving their rights to the oil to privatization is because the government is divided and oil companies lobbyist are bribing the more greedy government officials into signing the rights.

The government is divided into groups that wants to be friendly to Iran taking into consideration that they share one common tribal link, the ones that wants US capitalism for personal gain and the clerical militias that wants a more theocratic rule and the end of ocupation, all within the Shiites dominated society.

Sunnis means nothing right now, they are tagged the enemy.

I believe that is wrong for US oil barons taking advantage of the weakness of the government in that nation to take away the Iraqis natural resources without the approval of all parties involved.

The way things looks right now Is nothing than a strategy to get a document sign by anybody that US calls legit government in Iraq to to take over the Oil.

I think is devious and wrong and un ethical.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You know Marge, usually we don't argue much, how odd.

I hate the oil companies just as much as you, but a perfect example is Russia. Russia has enormous oil potential.. with the money they COULD get from it they could help their people out big time. But they don't. Why? Because the state (Soviet) tried to nationalise the oil fields, tried to develope them from scratch. It failed. More oil ended up in the swamps and forest then in the pockets of Russians. Then Russia (post Soviet) began paying America to send corporations (Exxon mostly) to develope the fields. Current Russia (Putin) has nationalised the fields again, only pay our companies to help Russias oil company (cannot remember the name) The result is the fields work, but are in bad shape again because when Exxon or some other company goes in to fix it Russians turn around and cannot manage them.

The point is, no matter how unethical oil companies are, no matter how greedy or powerful they know what they are doing. It is SAFER (polution) to have Exxon over there then it is for Iraq to attempt and manage their own fields. Not only that but we get the excess tax (50%) of what they earn. Right now that is paying for the war... theoretically when the war is over the profits we get will go to education or something (I honestly doubt it) And to my knowledge Iraq gives us the money from oil sales as of now? .. I am not entirly sure but Bush did say in a Adress to the Union (2003?) that we would pay for the war with Iraqi oil.

OK.. regardless of that now.

Every massive oil producing state (Vanesualla, Quatar, Kuwait, Sudan, Iraq (pre war), Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, ect.) are welfare states. Welfare in that oil money is the income. They have no industry there because of the oil. If you go to Jordan or Syria you will find they have no oil, yet they do fine, this is because they built up industry and tourism. Few nations have actually taken advantage of the oil money. Saudi Arabia for instance pays sickening amounts of money to royal family members (and my god there family is huge) and give less back to the people then they could. Iran pays for all education, all healthcare and it is some of the best in the region. They will even pay students to go abroad and study in fields that will advance the state. Countries like UAE (United Arab Emerites) have had an economic explosion through trade (Dubia International anyone? Tried to buy all our major East Coast ports!) And a huge tourism boom. Iraq will take the role of Iran in the sense it will be what it was before Sadam was toppled. Even evil Saddam paid for education and health care. Roads, construction, all kinds of things. The bigger the state, the bigger the population the less the people get. That is why Kuwaities are richer, as are Quatar, UAE.

As for Sunnis.. I honestly do not see Iraq remaining intact. It will seperate into 3 countries. Kurds only remain to please America, which they adore for their freedom and revenge. I believe they actually brought up becoming a state of the US
. Sunnis and Shia will murder eachother untill it reaches ethnic cleansing (the first one to get strong enough will dominate the weak) and America cannot stay their forever. Sunis raped Iraq for decades, treating the majority of the population like trash.. I doubt they will ever be forgiven and will never be excepted into society.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is my taking on the oil fights, US oil companies and their friendly allies will rob the Iraqi people blindly, will only benefit the elites in power and the Iraqi people will have no say on anything that these thieves will do to their national wealth, 25 percent is not a lot to share with the people.

The bush administration has been very busy making sure that is the way it will happen, Bush was put by the powers behind this government to do just that for them.

Foreign companies will have no restrictions on how to take their profits out of that country, and are no subject to any tax while doing it.

When the Iraqi people starts fighting this oil companies let see who will the government of Iraq will be protecting over their own citizens.

Perhaps you should remember the struggles of the people in the niger valley when our American oil companies were polluting their land while taking their oil that the profits were to benefit only the totalitarian government friendly at the time to the US while the people were dying of hunger and poisoned because the spills.

When the people started to complain and fight they became the enemy.

While people died in Iraq everyday the bush administration has been plotting against the people to take over their resources in secret and closes doors since the invasion started and the draft to this deal has been worked on by Bush since July.

Like I say that oil is going to turn very bloody.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join