It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no people have come forward

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What about the fact that people who believe and disseminate 9/11 conspiracy theories are still alive? If the US government (or shadow government; whatever you believe) is so big and evil that it will kill off thousands of its own citizens in a fake terrorist attack, it certainly wouldn't mind bumping off a few people spreading rumors on the Internet. And with current monitoring technology, any mention of a conspiracy could easily be tracked down and erased. The fact that there are conspiracy theories about 9/11 circulating actually discredits the theories themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookymusic
What about the fact that people who believe and disseminate 9/11 conspiracy theories are still alive?

The fact that there are conspiracy theories about 9/11 circulating actually discredits the theories themselves.

Seems like you answered your own question

You could say that maybe that's why theories are allowed to spread and multiply unchecked - bumping someone off would legitimise their ideas

Just a thought

[edit on 10/1/2007 by alienanderson]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson

You could sat that maybe that's why theories are allowed to spread and multiply unchecked - bumping someone off would legitimise their ideas

Just a thought

Not really. It would be much easier to destroy the theories and eliminate them from the national consciousness. If a theorist was killed and all data posted or published destroyed immediately, it wouldn't have time to take root in people's minds.

People go on about planted explosives and remotely piloted aircraft when there is no physical evidence to support these claims. At some point, somebody would have found bomb debris and electronic devices from the plane. Instead, we have people analyzing fuzzy videos for evidence that isn't there.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Not really. It would be much easier to destroy the theories and eliminate them from the national consciousness. If a theorist was killed and all data posted or published destroyed immediately, it wouldn't have time to take root in people's minds.

Nah, that is way difficult. To bump off every new theorist and destroy their work? Loads of work. That would be just like Winston Smith's job in Nineteen Eighty-Four

People go on about planted explosives and remotely piloted aircraft when there is no physical evidence to support these claims. At some point, somebody would have found bomb debris and electronic devices from the plane. Instead, we have people analyzing fuzzy videos for evidence that isn't there.

True there are lots ideas with slim to no evidence, but there are plenty of compelling ideas out there too. But then the official story has plenty of holes in it as well. The truth has to lie somewhere in the middle IMHO

Personally I think the whole truth hasn't come out because I think a lot of the evidence against the terrorists is held by the intelligence agencies; i.e. they knew 911 was gonna happen and as it suited someone or group of someones purpose, it was allowed to happen.

Releasing any tapes, phone taps, photos or documents they have of the 19 named hijackers pre-911 would prove they were known about and should have been stopped.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, I think 9/11 is no inside job.

The most plausible theory in my opinion is that some governmental bodies or individuals were aware of an attack coming up but did (intentionally) not intervene as it was the perfect basis for an invasion in the Middle East.

Which brings us to the question why ''they'' would be willing to invade countries in the Middle East. I can tell you, ''they'' don't find a sacrifice of 3000 coalition troops worth it for the sole purpose of ''bringing democracy to the Middle East''. If bringing democracy is so important they should have chosen to bring democracy to Belarus, where they would have been able to win the hearts and minds of the locals.

An important motive for the invasion of the Middle East is in my opinion to postpone the domino effect of the collapse of the Dollar. Perhaps combined with false intelligence on Saddam's WMDs. Possibly, there are more motives involved which are unknown to us.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What about the fact that people who believe and disseminate 9/11 conspiracy theories are still alive? If the US government (or shadow government; whatever you believe) is so big and evil that it will kill off thousands of its own citizens in a fake terrorist attack, it certainly wouldn't mind bumping off a few people spreading rumors on the Internet. And with current monitoring technology, any mention of a conspiracy could easily be tracked down and erased. The fact that there are conspiracy theories about 9/11 circulating actually discredits the theories themselves.

Huh? So, the government is going to start killing all of us 9/11 truthers? Yeah, that would really stop the theories. It would stop the theories because then they wouldn't be theories anymore, they'd be pretty much fact (because if people started dropping in the 9/11 truth movement, more people would start waking up). Furthermore, no one has come up with conclusive proof yet. That's why they are theories. Your scenario would work if someone found conclusive proof of some sort of government involvement and was allowed to live.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Honestly,on 9/11 while I sat in my house shocked beyond words watching the towers burn,I never once thought the towers were in any danger of falling.That is until the reports of explosions started coming in.Then I knew when the buildings came down ,in the way that they did,there had to be explosives of some kind used.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Well, I think 9/11 is no inside job.

The most plausible theory in my opinion is that some governmental bodies or individuals were aware of an attack coming up but did (intentionally) not intervene as it was the perfect basis for an invasion in the Middle East.

This is actually what I believe. But couldn't complicincy be a form of inside job in itself?

An important motive for the invasion of the Middle East is in my opinion to postpone the domino effect of the collapse of the Dollar. Perhaps combined with false intelligence on Saddam's WMDs. Possibly, there are more motives involved which are unknown to us.

You mean like oil?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join