It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media treatment of theorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just have to express my anger over this and i'm sure a lot of you, no matter how skeptical of these ideas, will agree with me.

I just watched what was hyped as an 'un-biased' analysis of 9/11 conspiracy theories. The entirety of the program... the entire hour... was spent bringing up a theory, then digging into the authors past to find the skeletons in the closet to discredit them with.

The only descriptive terms used were things like 'absurd', 'ridiculous', 'fanciful' etc etc... If that is the media's idea of an unbiased report on something then i am sadly dissapointed.

I personally don't agree with any of the presented theories, but they all had some basis in facts... that the authors produced on request, and yet they were still ridiculed and treated as 'crazy'... the program even called them 'crazy' several times before it finished.

It is the same with any program that relates to UFOlogy, Paranormal, Cryptozoology etc etc. They instill the doubt in the viewer's mind before the report is even shown. How can they call themselves a documentary when they only document how eccentric the theorists are!

Why are conspiracy theorists treated like that? And please don't reply with just a '[insert group] controls the media' response. This was an independent broadcaster known for it's reliability and factual content. They mainly air international news and war documentaries.

It angers me so much that, today if i came out today with completely infallible evidence on something slightly left on center, the evidence would never reach the general public because of the slander used by the media would discredit anyone that touches on the taboo topics.

join