It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamiflu Carries Lethal Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
British scientists warn that when the flu pandemic hits, Britons will take Tamiflu, excrete it by the ton, and flush it down sewers into rivers and lakes. The drug not only will kill microbes, but will devastate birds, fish and other creatures dependent on them for food. Of greatest concern, waters containing Tamiflu will help bird flu evolve into drug-resistant strains - and trigger a second, deadlier, and untreatable pandemic wave.

Bird flu drug carries a lethal threat

Britain faces an ecological catastrophe that could wreak havoc on wildlife populations when the first outbreak of Asian flu hits the country.

Scientists say they fear that tons of the anti-viral agent Tamiflu - taken by Britons trying to combat the disease - would be flushed down sewers into rivers and lakes.

...waters containing Tamiflu would provide ideal conditions for the evolution of drug-resistant strains of bird flu virus. These strains would then infect wildfowl and ultimately human beings, triggering a second outbreak of the disease - although this time Tamiflu would provide no protection against the virus.

Well, we knew this.

But it's nice to have it confirmed by the authorities.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
soficrow,
One guy leading the fight in this area is John Hammell. He can be reached at [email protected]
He has his finger on the pulse of our access to health supplements and recently made a trip to Washington to educate lawmakers and garner signatures to prevent the North American Union among other worthy goals. We've talked on the phone for hours and he is a wealth of information about alternative health topics/issues/legislation currently being considered (or rammed down our throats). I usually just get my info from emails from him but he does have a site: IAHF.com. There should be lots of info about Tamiflu on there with links to other sites for even more info. Hope it helps. Fight the good fight.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Tamiflu, has always worried me. Particularly in regards to mutating virus's.
We have alot of dangerous viruses out there.
I have always been *afraid* of a viral MRSA. Induced by over-use of Tamiflu, Relenza and Acyclivor.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Egyptian strain of H5N1 is Tamiflu resistant anyway.

new topics

top topics

join