It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minor Annoyance - ATS home button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No matter which domain - ATS, BTS, OTS - you're in, clicking the ATS home button takes you to the domain home, not ATS home. Would be nice if it changed to reflect the domain you are currently in.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Isn't that what we have at the top right of the screen? You can choose between all aspects of the site.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Isn't that what we have at the top right of the screen? You can choose between all aspects of the site.

Right--that's what I've started using myself. But I agree with jsobecky: it'd be nice for the menu button to say either "BTS Home" or "PTS Home" if you're in those sections; kind of confusing as it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I u2u'd SO about this last week.

Just an FYI.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When Dark Matter was first introduced, I believe the button options were as mentioned. However, instead of it being neat and tidy, it was a little out of whack. Instead of saying BTS Home, it was saying BelowTopSecret Home, and it looked out of place. I was going to mention it in the thread Zed had created, but before long it had been adjusted to the current setting.

I tend to stick to the options on the top right myself. But I can see how this would be a slight inconvenience.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes, it is a *very* minor inconvenience. I just thought SO might be bored, with all that free time he has.

Sounds like Zedd already had it covered anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not too much goes unnoticed around here. Strange because I thought the button actually brought you to the home of whatever domain you were currently on. I believe it had at one time, hadn't noticed the change.

These are some buttons that I like to use, but I forget about them too often.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Not too much goes unnoticed around here. Strange because I thought the button actually brought you to the home of whatever domain you were currently on. I believe it had at one time, hadn't noticed the change.

It does take you to the home of the domain you're at, and (for me at least) that's where the confusion is--it says ATS, but takes you to B/PTS.

Those buttons that chissler posted are what I use most of the time too; I rarely go to the home pages, always the "Today @" pages.

new topics

top topics

join