It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here know how Witness Protection works?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, leave it to Vagabond to have some really odd situation every few months that requires an open question in BTS.

I don't want to go into a lot of detail on why this is of concern to me, because as the question might suggest there is some indication that the details might be related to an ongoing investigation, but if anyone happens to know something about it, I wouldn't mind the lesson.

My primary concern at the moment is whether it would be expected for someone who was a candidate for the program to disappear rather suddenly without anything being noticeably off beforehand or any goodbyes. (And yeah, I know that this could just as easily be a symptom of not having gotten into the program quickly enough, but I'll thank you not to toss that one at me just yet.)

Suffice it to say for now that not enough time has elapsed for a missing person report to be filed but that there is reason to suspect that one will have to be filed soon, and given the three possibilities: 1. Something really bad. 2. Yet another act of flakery from my favorite flake. 3. Witness protection. I'm really hoping that the least likely of the three may be the case.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This might help....

Normally, the witness is provided with a new name and location. Witnesses are encouraged to keep their first names and choose last names with the same initial. The U.S. Marshals Service provides new documentation, assists in finding housing and employment and provides a stipend until the witness gets on their feet, but the stipend can be discontinued if the U.S. Marshals Service feels that the witness is not making an aggressive effort to find a job. [citation needed] Witnesses are not to travel back to their hometowns or contact unprotected family members or former associates.

More here... en.wikipedia.org...

join