It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Chief Issues Bird Flu Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Bird flu cases have been "picking up again" in the last few weeks, warns Margaret Chan, the new WHO chief and person responsible for handling the 2003 SARS outbreak in China. "We must not let our guard down. We must maintain our vigilance," cautions Chan.

New WHO chief issues bird flu warning

The new boss of the World Health Organisation has renewed the agency’s warning that the world must keep up its guard against bird flu.

Dr Margaret Chan holds the most prominent United Nations post ever filled by a Chinese national.

Chan said there had been a lull in bird flu infections in recent months, but that cases had begun picking up again in the last few weeks.

After a flurry of reports over Christmas holidays, and yesterday's unconfirmed Hong Kong alert - we haven't seen much about bird flu.

So what does she mean about 'Bird flu cases "picking up again" in the last few weeks'? Is there something going on that we're not being told?

Or is this just responsible caution, recognizing that we're heading into peak flu season?

Background, SARS:
2003 SARS Outbreak, Taiwan
2003 SARS Outbreak, China

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Or it could be to keep tensions high so Rumsfeld can sit back and watch all his stock in Roche Pharmaceuticals climb to the moon....

Japan to stockpile prototype bird flu vaccines for 10 mln people

Stocks, however, are still short of those targets.

The central government had Tamiflu for 7.5 million people and local governments had planned to buy enough for another 5.25 million people by March 2007, Health Ministry officials said in late November. That would cover only about 60 percent of the amount called for under the plan.

Source: www.thanhniennews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't think so.

Reports on Tamiflu are bad - and I have a few new ones I haven't got to posting yet.

You're right though - this thing is being PLAYED.

...But maybe just a little differently than it seems at first glance.

new topics

join