It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrocardiogram on a laptop, just what we always wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Source

Look, this whole electrocardio business is all well and good, but we must confess our initial disappointment when we realized that the little display on the left palm rest of this laptop was no SideShow apparatus -- though we suppose you already knew how we feel about that little bit of Vista goodness that is SideShow. All the same, there ain't much wrong with this HATO NB electrocardiogram doohicky that MSI slapped onto its latest laptop. The included electrodes can be hooked up to your aesthetically pleasing lady friend, allowing the laptop to record her vitals or even allowing a doctor to remotely examine the patient. You can also print out information the gadget gathers, or place the data on an SD card for doctor perusal. The rest of the details on this thing are sadly lost in machine translation, but it looks like MSI will be showing it off at CES next week, so we'll keep an eye out.

How long until this technology becomes available to the public?

[edit on 1/5/2007 by a1ex]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

How long until this technology becomes available to the public?

It's not that complex a technology, I'm thinking. When I was taking my engineering degree, a group of students built a very similar device as part of their 4th year design project. They rigged up an EEG, as opposed to the EKG shown here, but they made it work with a microprocessor module and a computer, as well as leads like those on the model in the pic above.

Theirs was #13 here www.ece.ualberta.ca...

(mine isn't there, my group didn't give permission to have our pics online)

[edit on 5-1-2007 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It'll get interesting when they come up with a bluetooth enabled PDA which wirelessly takes readings from nanochips implanted(or tattooed) sub-dermally.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by sardion2000]

join