It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting in Clapham woods U.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I went camping in clapham woods as i always used to. I have previosly encountered ghostly presences before there but this time was diffrent. Myself and Paul (the only other witness for this) went camping in places where no one else went. So we took a chance and camped on farmland. you were allowed to use certian part of this farm during the daytime but no after a certain time. We camped on the top of the hill as if we went to the bottom of the hill there is a chance we could get spotted by the farmers when we light our campfire later on. It was still broad daylight and i went to the bottom of the hill to collect a lot of firewood for the fire later on.
I looked around as it was just past the time when we were allowed to be on the land no one was there and i spent a while getting the wood before i came up. After a couple of hours it started to get dark. at about 23 hundred hours this orange light appeared. It was so bright. We didnt know what it was at the time. We knew it wasnt the lights from the farmers house as this was in another direction and a torch wouldn not be that bright. At 2.30 in the morning the light changed diction a little but and was now green but just a bright. Not long after it dissapeared altogeter. After packing the tent up and putting all the stuff in our rucksacks we went down there to take a look. There was a thick bush area where the light came from first of all and a large tree was in the direction it moved to when it turned green. This is the only possible explanation for this.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did you take any photos? can you show on a map roughly where you were?

Clapham woods has had reports of UFO activity for a while now. It's a pretty eerie at place especially at night.

Did you have any sounds at all or just visuals of the light?

I've been there twice at night and car headlights do appear pretty strange when seem from afar from nearby roads.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It was only the lights we saw as we didnt go down there because someone had to look after the tent and campfire.How do you attach things as an attachment where you permanantly upload attachments from your pc to ATS as i have a map i made with MS paint to show you the site.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hey SILK :

use imageshack to host image files

then ]ats[ image shack url ]/ats[

obviously turn the brackets to face inwards

regards your sighting :

q1 - what angle [ above the horizon ] was it ?

lamping springs to mind

i have orange , green and blue filters for my searchlight - and they are fooking bright - upto 1million CP

just a though

PS - did you hear any gun fire ??

[edit on 4-1-2007 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
No i never head gun fire. I dont think a lamp would penetrate though thick bush and then change coulour.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
I dont think a lamp would penetrate though thick bush

err right ......... i am slightly confused

do you think the light was in front of the tree line ?

otherwise how would any light shine through the brush ???

PS - its a bit late to ask - but did you try to move @ right angles to the source of light , to try and get a better range estimate by triangulation ?

and then change coulour.

that could be filters - some searcg lights have buit in filters that sit infront of the bulb - and can be rotated one ot the other in an instant - personally i think they are garbage - my light has a filter holder on the lens front - its more agro to change - but it does not interfere with the intensity or focus of the light

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well as we didnt know what was down there we were abit scared to let one of us go down there on our own as there could have been extraterestrial life down there and we didnt want to risk it. But we had to dove a small distance at the top of the hill when we neede to go to the toilet as we didnt want to stink out the campsite. The light was still very bright and still came from the same 2 locations. There was a few times when it blinded you and it pulsated a couple of times as well (only when green though).

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Where exactly is Clapham Woods please - obviously it's not in Clapham SW8/12

TBH I thought lamping too - hence the farm being a no-go at night. You'd be unlikely to hear any gunfire as any rifle would be fitted with a silencer

[edit on 5/1/2007 by Strangerous]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Clapham woods is in Durrintow West Sussex not anywhere in London. You just need to do a search on it and youll see that its really haunted. Its had its fair share of UFO sightings as well.
Does a torch or lamp pulsate and turn green. No i dont think so somehow. Even if it had a low battery it would not pulsate it would just slowly die out. It woudnt turn green and start pulsating after it moved a bit. If it was either of these you would hear the farmer disarm his rifle and walk back to his house to get some more batteries. We didnt hear this at all. we heard the odd wierd noise and a bit of wildlife every now and then but we didnt hear anything like footsteps of the loading/unloading of a rifle. Which would be what i would expect to hear when the farmer changed positions.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Heres the map of the area we were in. Its only a paint image so sorry for the fact it doesnt look proffesional.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the info - I looked up Clapham woods, not heard of it before but it does seem to be a spooky place.

Given the place's reputation for wierdness then I don't think you can rule out deliberate hoaxing but I still think lamping is the most obvious answer:

Rifle would be silenced. An air rifle or .22 rim-fire can be almost completely silent - even close-up

Most likely to be an approved hunter or a poacher - Farmers are normally too busy for night shooting.

Many lamps have dimmers which could explain your pulsing

As it was just some lights, no noise or 'craft' seen think it may be a bit much to definitely call it a UFO

new topics

top topics

join