It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cruise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Alex was released out of the hospital a few days after he woke up. He spent the rest of his school year like he always did. It took a bit to readjust to his new life style because he could not do somestuff because he got shot. He finished his freshman year of highschool and was looking forward to a great summer. He and his parents bought tickets for an around the world cruise. Little did he know that the relaxing cruise would turn into a nightmare.

It was the thirty-fourth day on his one houndred and eight day cruise. He had a great time on the cruise. He met alot of new people and made new friends. The forecast for today however was heavy rain. He planed to stay in his room and do some work on his laptop. Nobody was expecting anything bad to happen. They faced worse weather not too long ago but this was different. Four rubber boats were in the ocean coming up to the cruise ship. They were a group of terrorist that the world did not know.

There were five men in each boat. They were covered in black wet suits and have kevlar vest. They had night vision goggles. They were carring an American built MP5 SubMachine Gun, they also had a 9mm Beretta straped on their legs. They had extra ammo. After this day the world would know their name. The boat was forced to slow down due to low visibility, this was perfect for the terrorists. They managed to get along side the boat and waited. It was now twelve and most of the people were in their rooms.

They quickly threw hooks up onto the boat. The hooks graped onto the rails of the boat. They quickly climbed up the side of the boat and got on top. There were now twenty well armed terrorist on the boat and nobody knew it. They all took out their MP5 and placed a silencer on it. They started to walk forward when a man working on the boat came out to take a smoke. He saw the men but before he could do anything one of the men shot him and he fell down dead.

They slowly and carefully made their way up to the deck. seventeen of the twenty men were all around the boat to secure it. The other three were outside the door of the deck. One of them opened the door and then other two rushed in and secured the deck. There were three people in the deck, the captain, radio operator and an engineer. The men forced the captain on the speaker. "Attention everyone, please do not be alarmed but out ship has been taken over by terrorist. Please remain inside your cabins and do not go outside" said the captain over the loudspeaker.

Alex was working on the computer when he heard the announcement. He couldn't belive his luck. First he was kidnapped and shot now he was on a ship that was taken over. He quickly lowered the screen of the computer and closed the lights out. He had a seperate room from his parents and he was thankful for this. He walked over to the the window and looked out careful not to be seen. He saw a man walking past his window. He had studied him carefully. The weapons and what he was wearing. The first thing that came to mind was if he should do anything or if he should stay back.

He decided to stay back and see what would happen. He laid down on his bed and decided to try to get some sleep but before he could he heard something in the other room. Gunfire, it may have been silenced but he still heard it. He quickly got out of bed and fixed the bed so it looked like someone was in bed. He looked around the room for a weapon. The only thing that he could find remotely to a weapon was a pen. He took the pen and crouched down near the door out of sight from anyone who walked in.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
He waited then a few minutes and the door opened. He saw a man walk in. He was dressed the same as the guy that walked by his window. The man walked forward and closed the door to lower noise. He walked over to Alex's bed and held his MP5 out and got ready to fire. Alex quickly walked up behind the man and waited for him to fire. The man pulled the trigger and a burst of gunfire hit the bed. Alex acted fast as he stabed the pen into the man just below the jaw. The pen went through the skin and the man died.

Alex took the man and placed him behind his bed out of sight of anyone. He took MP5 and the pistol. He took the kevlar vest off the man and placed it on himself just in case. He also took the nightvision goggles knowing they would come in handy. He held the MP5 tightly and then started to walk outside.

Alex walked outside and the first thing he felt was the rain pouring down on him. He was right to bring the night vision goggles. It was dark out and the rain made the visiblity worse. He could barely see 10 feet infront of him. He quickly placed the night vision goggles over his eyes and soon the dark rainy night turned a bright green. He could see fine now but he still saw the rain. He knew this would be a disadvantage and an advantage.

He walked slowly careful not to slip because of the wet floors. He ship was rocking back and forth at the same time making it hard for him. He kept walking forward trying not to think about what was going on. So many questions were going through his mind. Why did he decided to do this. Why did the terrorists decided to take over this boat. Also if he would get killed. He knew the kevlar would protect his chest from the small calibur rounds of an MP5 but a well placed bullet to the head would kill him instantly.

He kept walking forward now soaking wet from the rain. This was the second time that this has happen to him in less then a year. He kept walking untill he got to a corner. He pressed his back against it and slid across it. He looked ahead and then quickly turned around to see across the corner. He had his MP5 pointed forward just in case. He saw no one.

He figured that the leaders of the terrorist group was on the deck which was about three decks up. He cursed under his breathe knowing that any minute he could be shot. He forced himself to continue forward. He kept walking on the deck swaying with the boat. A giant wave hit the side of the boat where Alex was walking. The ship swayed to the right. He couldn't keep his balance and was thrown the to the right hitting the wall.

Alex regain his balance after a few seconds. He was a bit dazed from hitting the wall. He shook his head and looked forward. It was clear no guards came out to see if something happened. He kept walking forward. In front of him was a turn that led to a hallway. He quickly turned around the corner and saw a guard smoking. The man didn't know what to think. Infront of him was a kid holding a gun. The man was confused and slow to react but Alex acted quickly. He took aim at the man's face and shot once. The man fell down dead. Alex was breathing heavily. This was the third life he had taken in a year. He didn't know how many more will folow.

He lowered his gun down and started to walk forward. He saw the stairs that led up to the second floor of the boat. He walked up the stairs and emerged into another hallway. He was thankful for the hallways because there was no rain. He looked left and right not sure which way to go. He finally decided to go to the right. He began to walk forward when he felt something against his neck. It was cold steel, no it was a pistol. "Dont say anything and do what i say" said the man.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Alex nodded. "Go into that room" said the man. Alex began to move forward thinking he will soon die. He walked into the room and the man closed the door. "Drop your weapons" said the man. Alex did what the man said and droped them. The man walked forward still pointing his pistol at Alex. He walked infront of him holding the pistol aimed at his head. Alex slowed hard and knew he was going to die.

Fear overtook Alex as he watch the man infront of him. The man said nothing he just stood there holding the pistol. The pistol was aimed for Alex's head, if he tried anything he would be dead in less then a second. He wondered why he decided to do this in the first place. He could of just kill the first one and just stayed in his room. Alex regreted doing this now.

The man examined Alex carefully. "Who are you" asked the man. "Alex Raine" said Alex. The man continued to examine Alex. "How old are you Alex" asked the man. "Fourteen" he responded. The man nodded. "Then i take it your not with them" said the man lowering the gun.

Alex didn't know what was going on. "Who are you" he asked the man. "My name is Jack Dirre, i work for the CIA" he said walking to the window. Jack looked out the window the make sure no other terrorists were coming. "Whats going on" asked Alex. "Just what it looks like, Terrorist took over this ship" said Jack.

"The CIA knew that this would happen so thats why i am here. They placed one CIA agents per cruiser liner. If we knew that they would have this many on one ship we would of placed more agents" explained Jack. "How many are there" asked Alex. "Twenty, twenty well armed and protected terrorist" said Jack.

"So there are only eighteen left" said Alex sitting down on the bed. He was glad he could rest for a bit. Jack looked at Alex with disbelief in his eyes. "You, killed two of them" asked Jack. Alex nodded. Jack shook his head. He couldn't believe it, Alex was just a kid and yet he was doing a better job at this then he was. "What are we going to do" asked Alex.

"You're going to stay here. I'm going to go and try to stop them" said Jack. Alex stood up. "No, i am coming with you" said Alex with a stern voice. Jack knew that he couldn't do anything to change Alex's mind. "Alright but i'm not going to look after you, so if you die its not my fault" said Jack not wanting Alex to come. "I understand that" he said picking up his MP5. He placed his nightvision goggles back on and waited for Jack to get ready.

Jack picked up a brief case and placed it on the bed. He opened it and picked something up. Jack was holding a M4 rifle. Fully automatic with a silencer and scope. The rounds the M4 had was alot stronger then the one in Alex's MP5. They walked out of the room. It was raining alot harder then before. Alex placed his Nightvision goggles and he started to see thing's clearer. Jack was at a disadvantage because he didn't have any.

"Listen up, i will go to the right and you go to the left" said Jack. Alex nodded and started to walk down the left of the hallway. He walked forward untill he got to a corner. He pressed himself against the wall as he approched the corner. He quickly turned the corner. There was no one in front of him. He began to run down the side of the ship.

Alex began to feel cold. He didn't know exactly how cold it was outside but with the rain pouring down on him it made it alot colder. He kept running trying not to pay too much attention to the cold. He stoped running for a bit to catch his breath when he heard footsteps. He looked around.

He quickly looked around trying to find a place to hide. He heard the foot steps coming closer. He had no choice. He quickly pressed himself against the wall of the ship and crouched down trying to make himself as small as possiable. He heard the footsteps coming alot closer. A man holding an MP5 walked out of a hallway just feet away from Alex's position. The man looked around in both directions.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Alex's heart raced as he heard the footsteps coming closer towards him. The man walked right by Alex without seeing him. Alex's heart was still racing as the man disappeared into the darkness. Alex was lucky. The man wasn't wearing his night vision goggles. He stood up, he felt weak and was overcome by fear. He shook his head and forced himself to pull himself together. He started to walk forward with dificulty. His legs felt like they were about to give up on him.

Alex managed to walk staying alert for anymore guards. He arrived at the pool area of the cruise liner. He looked around and saw no guards. There were stairs around here the led to the third and final floor of the cruiser liner. Alex looked everywhere for it and then he managed to find it. Alex crouched down and started to walk up the stairs. He didn't walk all the way up just yet. He looked around first to see if there were anymore guards.

He was lucky. There were no others. He stood up and finished walking up the stairs. He examined his location wondering were he was. He started to walk down the pathway. He held his MP5 up just in case. Alex started to wonder about Jack. He wondered if he was alright. He didn't hear any gunfire but doubted that he could. Alex came up to another corner. He was happy yet dreaded this last hallway. This hallway led to the captains deck. Thats where the leader and probably some of the guards were.

Alex set himself against the wall as he aproched the corner. He quickly turned the corner hoping there was no one there. He then saw a man just ahead of him. The man had his back facing Alex and was walking the other way. Instantly Alex pulled the trigger. The first couple of shots hit the man's kevlar vest. The man quickly brought his gun up and turned around about to fire when one of the bullets hit his face killing him.

Alex fell to his knees. He was too weak to do anything else. If he continued forward he would surely die yet if he didn't do anything every single person on this boat would die. Alex stood up. He looked forward and then at the guard he just killed. Alex took one step forward and felt something hard hit him in the neck. Alex didn't move he couldn't move. He was falling forward and was helpless to do anything. He saw as the ground came closer and closer but before he could feel himself hitting the ground he was unconscious.

Alex slowly awoke. He opened his eyes. A bright light shone on him from above. In front of him were two other men. Alex tried to stand up but he couldn’t. He wondered why. He looked where he was. He was sitting on a chair and was bound to it by rope. This time it was across his chest to make sure he can’t get out. His hands were to the side of the chair and his legs were also tied to the chair.

Alex looked back at the two men. One of them he recognized immediately, the captain of the boat. The other one took a while but Alex figured that he was the radio operator or engineer. Alex’s neck was in massive pain. He wondered what hit him, it felt cold and hard. Alex assumed it was the end of someone’s MP5. He couldn’t believe he was caught. He worked so hard to get here, but in the end he was discovered.

How was he discovered though? Alex was careful to not be seen and he was. He guessed that someone close by heard the gun fire from Alex’s MP5 and rushed over to check it out. Yet if this was true why didn’t the man kill him? Alex couldn’t stop thinking about that.

He looked at the two men in front of him. They were tied together by rope and were sitting down. They paid no attention to Alex. He knew that he was going to die. There was nothing he could do now. His hands were tied so he could not escape, but if he did managed to get the top portion of the rope off his feet were still tied down to the chair. Alex heard a door behind him open.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He looked at the two men in front of him. Their eyes widened in fear and then Alex heard it. A hail of gun fire went straight by his head and killed the two men in front of him. Alex was completely paralyzed by fear at this point. He could not do anything. He knew that he had no chance of escape. A man walked past Alex and went over to the man. He then turned to face him. Alex couldn’t believe it. It was Jack.

Jack killed those two men. “Hello Alex” said Jack. Alex didn’t say anything. “What’s wrong afraid” asked Jack. Alex couldn’t do anything. “I’m glad that I met you Alex, who knew that you would be on this cruise” said Jack laughing.

“Who are you” Alex managed to say. “Me? I’m Jack Dirre. It’s actually kind of funny Alex, for you see. About 7 months ago you were kidnapped were you not” said Jack with a grin on his face. “Well I was the one who kidnapped you. You see at that time I started a new terrorist group and we needed money. So naturally we went out and did a kidnapping. Unfortunately we weren’t planning on a victim who is as skilled as you”

“Tell me Alex, do you know who shot you in the end” said Jack. “It was me, I was a mile away and had my sights on you just for insurance. Unfortunately the sniper rifle I was using didn’t have that kind of range so you managed to survive” he said with anger in his voice. “But no matter I will soon get my revenge Alex.”

Jack took out a pistol from his jacket. He aimed it at Alex’s chest. “This will hurt you a lot more then it will hurt me” said Jack with a grin on his face. He squeezed the trigger and with a loud boom Alex felt the bullet hit him in the chest. The pain was great but Alex was still alive. How? He thought to himself. Even Jack seemed confused. The bullet didn’t even go in. Then Alex remembered the Kevlar vest he was wearing.

Jack became outraged at this. He thought the man who tied Alex down would have taken off the Kevlar vest. The rope hit most of the vest so Jack couldn’t see it. Alex felt the rope give in as the bullet cut through most of it. Alex lifted his hands and felt the rope slid off. He acted quickly. Jack was not even two feet away from holding the gun. Alex quickly jumped forward and griped Jack’s pistol. Alex forgot that his feet were still tied to the chair. As he leapt forward the chair came with him.

Alex was now on the ground holding Jack’s pistol. Jack looked down at him with disbelief in on his face. “You’re…you’re…not human” he said. Alex aimed the gun and shot once. He saw Jack falling backwards and hit the ground motionless. He breathed a sigh of relief but knew it was not over.

Within seconds Alex heard the door burst open by a loud blast. Then five men rushed in. Alex instantly knew that those men were not the terrorist. They were a U.S. Navy S.E.A.L. team. They quickly came to Alex’s side and cut him free from the chair. In the next hour the S.E.A.L. teams quickly took control of the boat. It was all over. Alex didn’t believe it, he met the person who kidnapped him and at the same time he found out he was the leader of this terrorist organization. He breathed a sigh of relief and went off to search for his parents…

new topics

top topics

join