It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Arrested for Cell Phone Video of Saddam's Execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
An advisor to the Prime Minister has stated that an official has been arrested for the cell phone video of Saddam Hussein's execution. There was an early report that Mowaffak al-Rubaie was the guilty party, all all involved have denied those reports thus far.

www.ctv.ca
Iraqi authorities have arrested an official accused of recording Saddam Hussein's execution on a cellphone, an adviser to the prime minister said Wednesday.

The adviser to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who spoke on condition of anonymity, did not identify the person. But he said it was "an official who supervised the execution" and who is now under investigation.

"In the past few hours, the government has arrested the person who made the video of Saddam's execution," the adviser said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In today's society of technology, it does not surprise me that an individual was able to smuggle some fort of camera into the execution. Top dollar would be paid for such a clip and I would of been surprised if nobody made an effort to consume some of this money.

What crime would this man be charged with? What punishment would face him if convicted?

I would agree that ramifications should come with such an action, but I would disagree with any lengthy prison sentence.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So here's some anonymous smuck who snuck into a heavily guarded room, evaded metal detectors, a body search and many prying eyes...yea sure.

Next they will dig out our prisoner and label him as the culprit, and we will never see hi-res video footage of the event, because it would remove all the mystery from this big hoax of hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In today's society of technology, it does not surprise me that an individual was able to smuggle some fort of camera into the execution

i disagree - Saddam was , by nessecesity guarded to the end , and it would not have been at all difficult to search all persons entering the excecution chamber .

what is clearly lacking is the will , also i suspect that the people standing in close proximity to the " camera man " were aware of his actions .

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i disagree - Saddam was , by nessecesity guarded to the end , and it would not have been at all difficult to search all persons entering the excecution chamber .

Guarded yes, and I do not disagree with the statement that individuals were searched as they entered. But it is very plausible to believe that an individual could make it inside with a cell phone to record the proceedings.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
what is clearly lacking is the will , also i suspect that the people standing in close proximity to the " camera man " were aware of his actions

I do not disagree with this statement either. From the angle, it appears the camera man did not go through much trouble to hide or disclose the phone. So if it was evident he had a recording device, it appears that the guards were not overly concerned with it. The phone itself posed no risk to Hussein, and it appears their focus was directed to the imminent execution.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad whoever took the video did it and I'm glad it's on the internet.

Even without the video, there would be irate Muslims screaming for the death of the west, so what difference does it make in the long run, except that we have a good enough video of a tyrant meeting his just deserts.

I hope they give the guy a medal and a free trip to Disney World..

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Can be just as possible that Joe Palooka at a nameless hollywood studio made the grainy fictional video. No guards or body searches there and it's easier to upload onto youtube.

Funny how people don't believe other grainy low grade media of unusual events, but they are all too happy to glam onto this garbage.

You all can go watch alien autopsy, while you're in the I believe anything mode

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I heard on the news (before this thread was posted) that there were exactly two cellphones in the execution room, and it was known who was holding them beforehand.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I heard on the news (before this thread was posted) that there were exactly two cellphones in the execution room, and it was known who was holding them beforehand.

Interesting.

Has anyone heard of a second video? Was this second phone smuggled in to retrieve a video of the incident? I can not think of any other reason other than to record the visuals, but are there any reports to substantiate this?

I agree with Grady. I am glad someone has retrieved a video with some sort of audio. It may lead to less off the wall theories from arising.

...Naive, I know.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is being reported that there have now been three arrests for the video taken of Saddam's execution.

Iraqi authorities reported the arrests Wednesday of two guards and an official who supervised Saddam Hussein's hanging and said the guard force was infiltrated by outsiders who taunted the former leader and shot the video showing his body dangling at the end of a rope.

The unauthorized video, which ignited protests by Saddam's fellow Sunni Arabs in various Iraqi cities, threatens to turn the ousted dictator into a martyr. Saddam was shown never bowing his head as he faced death, and asking the hecklers if they were acting in a manly way.

United States military officials described Saddam as having been polite and respectful of his US military guards and other staff.

He "was courteous, as he always had been, to his U.S. military police guards," Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell said. "He spoke very well to our military police, as he always had. And when getting off there at the prison site, he said farewell to his interpreter. He thanked the military police squad, the lieutenant, the squad leader, the medical doctor we had present, and the colonel that was on site."

Although Saddam "was still dignified toward us," Caldwell said his demeanor changed "at the prison facility when the Iraqi guards were assuming control of him."

Apparently, there is another video out there.

Prosecutor Munqith al-Faroon, one of 14 official witnesses to the execution, told The Associated Press that he saw two government officials using camera phones at the hanging.

"I saw two of the government officials who were ... present during the execution taking all the video of the execution, using the lights that were there for the official taping of the execution," he said. "They used mobile phone cameras. I do not know their names, but I would remember their faces."

Source

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well, i'm no genius, but i'd be willing to betcha that people were SENT in to make sure it was on video and that the US government saw to that.

The Associated Press that he saw two government officials using camera phones at the hanging.

:shk: You see, i'm not anti american or anti government, i just have common horse sense.

"The president of the United States has not as of yet seen the video": Another lie provided by Fox news today.

WE HERE WANT PUBLIC EVENTS to be seen all over the world in order to put the fear of God into other countries. And this is the truth.

Careful Iran, you could be next.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I believe it to be in Bush's best interest to have some sort of video circulating of Saddam's death. With every click of the mouse, every viewing of Saddam's execution, Bush will see this as a reminder to the job well done on his part.

He brought a horrible man to justice. Too bad it was the wrong one.

new topics

top topics

join