It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zell Miller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As a republican I like this man, even though he is a democrat. I saw an interview with him on the daily show, and I honestly thought that he had been dead for a number of years
Whoops...

Much like the recently deceased Paul Simon, Zell is a good, earthy politician who shoots straight, no matter who he offends. This is what politics should be more like, from Appalachia to Washington, he has come far.
I'm glad that he's around, it gives me a measure of faith in the senate

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
As a republican I like this man, even though he is a democrat. I saw an interview with him on the daily show, and I honestly thought that he had been dead for a number of years
Whoops...

Much like the recently deceased Paul Simon, Zell is a good, earthy politician who shoots straight, no matter who he offends. This is what politics should be more like, from Appalachia to Washington, he has come far.
I'm glad that he's around, it gives me a measure of faith in the senate

Of Course you're a republican and you like him...that the whole point of what he's doing. He a politician playing the odds that Bush will win a second term and be looking to soften some of his "hard-line" advisors. Up steps Zell for a nice cabinet position and he stands a good chance because hes been sooo supportive of bush.
He senate seat (to which he was appointed, not elected) is up next year and he knows hes out of a job there. Dont cozy up to his poilitcs too closely because he likes to join the side he thinks is winning and wear the hat of anything that will enhance his career.

I would think this would be obvious -

There certainly is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

God D*mmit I cant spell tonight!!!!

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
He's a 'real' Democrat. I like Zell too. His politics ARE winning (tax cuts and defense, which, these days, aren't seen in the DNC) and if the Dems wanna do well they should take his advice and not turn their backs on the south.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Zell is also the one who is saying that those who knew and partook in the Democratic MemoGate should be brought up for treason charges....

regards
seekerof

top topics

join