It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: Who Woulda Thunk It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ESPN.com is reporting that both Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton are RETURNING to the Miami Heat next year.

BHN

[Edited on 7/17/06 by BaseballHistoryNut]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised at this, but not too much. Both are getting old, but at the same time both are still good players. Mourning and Payton both contributed to the Heat's run last year. One can't underestimate the impact that Mourning had. Shaq is no longer a shot-blocking threat, but 'Zo is.

Most of all, though, they all got a taste of what feels like to be a champion. I have heard many athletes (e.g., Tom Brady) say that while the first one is so sweet, the desire to win another one is more intense, especially after the euphoria wears off. Michael Jordan and Joe Montana have said that with each victory, the desire to win again just got stronger and stronger.

I don't see the Heat winning again, though.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, for sure one cannot overstate the impact Mourning had on the Heat's victory in Game 6, the clincher. But I thought that was what those two guys were hanging on for. And Payton is clearly a shadow of his former self, even to my poorly trained basketball eye.

BHN

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I had known previously that Alonzo was going to return, I did not know Gary would be. From what I have read, however, was that many teams are vying for a trade to get Alonzo. This is how I found he would be returning. He will pobably stay in Miami now that gary will be back, and they will basically have their same team, but don't be surprised if he is traded away.

new topics

top topics

join