It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on why children are given �draw a picture� assignments in elementary school.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ever since I was able to hold a crayon or pencil I would be drawing. When I got to high school I took several art classes and failed them all. It wasn't because I ddn't know how to draw or create, it was because I didn't accept the idea of forced creatvity that most of my "non-artistic" teachers pushed on me. They just did not like the fact that I came into the class having more talent than they did. (Wow, did that come off conceited or what !?!) So, yes. I do believe they are trying to supress something that all children have..a sense of imagination. Imagination makes it harder for "them" to control us in our adult lives.

[Edited on 12-13-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi, nice thread...

It is basic thought control though!

That�s why kids go to school, to learn?

Its up to the grown ups how this takes place, the difficult position the teacher faces is they have to interact with the pupil and they will be closely monitored in doing this!

Education is great but must be well monitored; educating the wrong ideas can be disastrous!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have two daughters in Elem. School.
So far so good.
All the teachers they have had have been exellent.
I can honestly say that the ones my daughters have had so far, actually want to teach.
I'm sure it's not always the case tho.

A couple years ago a teacher that worked at a local Elem school took one of these pictures too seriously.

A girl in Kindergarden drew a picture of her family.
The father was holding the baby by what looked like the neck. and he didn't have a smiley face.
Even tho the baby which daddy was holding, was smiling the teacher decided the picture meant child abuse.

Now, with out notifying any of her superiors, or asking this child about the picture, she took it apon her self to call child protective serv.
This guy went thru hell trying to clear his name.
Rumors started and other parents heard about it costing him friends.

I know this guy and know for a fact he would never hurt his children. The teacher never apologised nor did she loose her job. The school wanted to keep it quiet to avoid embarrassment and this guy had been thru hell and had no fight left in him to take it any further.

This incident caused the family to move.
Im in no way saying that all or even the majority are.
There are plenty tho.
The Highschool I went to used the Football Coaches as art teachers. Those classes were fun but we didnt do any art!
The school board here is appointed so they can do as they please.

I keep a close eye on what they are doing in school and their mother volunteers, so we know what is going on at all times. I have no problem pulling them out to home school either. But, no problems so far so no complaints here. I think parents need to be involved even if it's just a little. Some just use school as a babysitter, and the learning is secondary. Thats a whole other can of worms.

L8R
BAKED

<< 1   >>

join