It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm sick of whenever someone is talking about Islamic extremists, they always refer to the statement: "they do it because they will meet 72 virgins in Heaven" or something similar. I am getting VERY VERY annoyed of this. Can't these people not use that one stupid quote which is OBVIOUSLY NOT true. Also, whenever I see someone use that quote I begin to think that that person must be pretty damn ignorant and not know anything about Islam.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You are correct but can you explain to me why Arab men are obsessed with women?

Does this have something to do with Islam?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Because all (I shouldn't all the women, but most) the women are covered from head to toe!!! The men can't see anything. By the way, that does not have anything to do with the quote.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Catalyst, where did that statement come from? I've heard it so many times, including from professed muslims. How did that work it's way into mainstream culture (american) and what is the reality?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not mainstream but on this board, people mention it a lot.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I'm sick of whenever someone is talking about Islamic extremists, they always refer to the statement: "they do it because they will meet 72 virgins in Heaven" or something similar. I am getting VERY VERY annoyed of this. Can't these people not use that one stupid quote which is OBVIOUSLY NOT true. Also, whenever I see someone use that quote I begin to think that that person must be pretty damn ignorant and not know anything about Islam.

That is true that they dont get 72 virgins.

But one thing is true that in their holy book(whatever its called) it says that they have to KILL ALL INFIDELS!!!

And the Infedels are ALL THAT ARE NOT Muslims!!!

So by those facts Islam is NOT a PEACEFUL religion!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If you dont even know what the book is called, how do you know that it said theyre supposed to kill infidels?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
If you dont even know what the book is called, how do you know that it said theyre supposed to kill infidels?

i just forgot how it called(it starts i think with a K)

but i read that part.

and one of my friends is a muslim.

but he is NOT extreme

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

i just forgot how it called(it starts i think with a K)

Are you talking about the Koran?

I have never read it myself so this is comming second hand...

I was told that like many religious writings, parts of the Koran are open to a wide variety of interpretations. If that is the message you are specifically looking to get, you can get it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
yes i am talking about the koran

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

But one thing is true that in their holy book(whatever its called) it says that they have to KILL ALL INFIDELS!!!

Dude, you are so wrong. I think that I have posted dozens of times on this board who infidels in islam are, you should really read other posts.
Again, Christians, Jews, Buddhists etc, etc are mumin=believers, People of the Book, NOT infidels.
You should really find another source of information besides Bin Laden and AlQaeda.
You said it yourself that one of your friends is muslim and not extreme. Well, how is that possible if, in your opinion, all muslims think about and all their holy book says is kill christians and jews? Shouldnt he be extreme then too??
My advice is, READ the book you're talking about, Qur'an, THEN comment on it.... oh, and stop following bin laden, that is so not good.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   

SO, you don't even know the name of 'their holy book' and yet you make ingnorant comments that insult the entire muslim religion? My fathers long term girlfriend is from Morroco (spelling?) and she is a Muslim. I don't ever hear her talking about wanting to kill my dad who is not Muslim. Yet again Russian you highlight your own racism, stupidity and lack of compassion for things you don't , and never will, understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
yo, you know those islamic extremists? well they do it because they will meet 72 virgins in Heaven.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

SO, you don't even know the name of 'their holy book' and yet you make ingnorant comments that insult the entire muslim religion? My fathers long term girlfriend is from Morroco (spelling?) and she is a Muslim. I don't ever hear her talking about wanting to kill my dad who is not Muslim. Yet again Russian you highlight your own racism, stupidity and lack of compassion for things you don't , and never will, understand.

HAHA yeah I am RACIST angainst Muslims!!!!
[sarcasam]

I have Muslim FRIENDS you IDIOT!!!!!

They know what is written in the Koran!!!!!!!

But they just dont do what it says.

like the killing of infedials!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be puzzled about why Muslim terrorists are so quick to commit suicide. Let's see now . .

No beer, No booze, No bars, No television, No cheerleaders, No baseball, No football, No basketball, No fishing, No hockey, No golf, No tailgate parties, No Hooters, No pork BBQ, No hot dogs, No burgers, No lobster, shellfish, or even frozen fish sticks, No chocolate chip cookies, No Easter, No Thanksgiving, No Christmas, Rags for clothes, and towels for hats.

Constant wailing from the guy next door because he's sick and there's no doctors or dentists ... and then there's the constant wailing from the guys in the Mosque.

You can't shave, Your wife can't shave. You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey cooked over burning camel dung. The women have to wear baggy dresses and veils at all times. Your bride is picked by someone else and she smells just like your donkey, but your donkey has a better disposition. And they tell you that when you die it all gets better....

No mystery there!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
they are soooooo 3rd world, they buy all thier weapons from the thug down the street, ther are no thongs there, no women to admire. Just a bunch of molovtov cocktail, bomb strapping, no motivation for life but to live
in oppresion, aggresion....and so on. What does that do for me? nothing. I rather just take it easy, go to the beach sip on gin and juice laid back. If thier religion is for peace why is it based around hate? Just cause we don't believe in thier GOD. Some hairy ape who says to go and kill and he will reward you with 72 virgins. Why 72? Why not one everyday for as long as you shall live?
Why in heaven? They don't live in peace here, so why live like immorals up there?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You are correct but can you explain to me why Arab men are obsessed with women?

?
Well What men are not obsessed with women?
And it has nothing to do with the Koran, Its thier culture.
Simple as that, I have many Arab freinds, and Iv never seen them droop over women like thiers no tommorow.
I have some that do, but just the same at the rednecks at the stripclub.
Deep

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

they are soooooo 3rd world, they buy all thier weapons from the thug down the street, ther are no thongs there, no women to admire. Just a bunch of molovtov cocktail, bomb strapping, no motivation for life but to live

US. Patriot, You fool.
Thier god is your GOD.
Deep

top topics

join