It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Rubik's Cube Solvers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just curious if there's anyone here that can solve one.

C'mon, I bet there are alot of us here!

I can do it, my average time is 1:50.

Not that great, but slowly working to improvement..

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
1:50, sure beats my time

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ive never been able to do one lol havent got the patience to. o well on ebaumsworld has anyone seen the guy complete mario in 15 mins pure impressivenes.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I can do it in 1:50 too.... If the 1 is 1 day, and the 50 is a half a day, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Rubiks cube is too intellectual for me, it just annoys me when you get half the squares 1 colour then turn the cube and u lose those squares!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Actually, it's not that hard once's you know how to solve it. It's just a matter of recognizing patterns and memorizing a few algorithms...

The 1:50 is minutes/seconds, btw...

www.speedcubing.com

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In that case i wont try again my memory is already screwed so more memorizing wont do me any good.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Never really tried to solve one. Maybe I should give it a try.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I haven't seen my Rubik's Cube in ages. I had some other Rubik's puzzles (snake and some other one) to keep visiting youngsters out of mischief too.

This site has some good on-line puzzles:

Rubiks Home Page

If the angling game is still there (I imagine it is), there was just one configuration I could never get out a few years back, submitted in frustration.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
my fiance's dad has this...upgraded rubiks cube thing that is made differently and turns differently in different angles and can make alot of other shapes and stuff, but if you do it right it's the same thing, perfect cube, same colors. The thing...upsets me greatly, yet i cannot seem to avoid toying with it whenever i see it, the best i can do is make 2 of the 3 layers into squares (non-matching colors) but i can never get any farther then that

If i ever get it into a cube i will declare the puzzle solved and never do it again, i dont care if the damned colors are right or not

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I could only ever get a few of the sides done. They actually come apart quite easily and can be reassembled in the correct order. Thats the only way that I could do it. But it kind of defeats the object doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
ah, Rubik's Cube

I got my first Rubik's cube when I was 7. After turning it a few times, I realised that it is not that easy to solve it.... the usual way. So, I took the damn thing apart and put it back together so it looks like I solved it. My dad said thats not the point, I said " well, you didnt specify exactly how I am supposed to solve it"

Anyways, I tried years later to do it, but only managed 3 sides out of 6.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I could only ever get a few of the sides done. They actually come apart quite easily and can be reassembled in the correct order.

Ahh, but you can always tell when that happened... I beat my brother mercilessly once when he messed up my cube, hehe....

Algorithms huh? I knew there was some kind of trick to it....might have to look into that.... that'd be fun to mess with the kiddies' minds, hehe......

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Man, I haven't played with one of those for ages. I used to be able to solve one in a few minutes, but I don't remember exact times. I expect it might take me an hour or more now.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Isn't there some kind of a formula that you can use? If so, can anyone tell me what it is.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's very simple.

Go to a kitchen.... boil water.

Hold Rubiks cube over the steam.

Start solve time after 2 mins of steaming.

Take the coloured stickers off and rearrange them so that all sides are same coloured.

1:30

LOL

Seriously tho, the Rubik snake ROCKED, that one was fun to solve!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
LOL, thanks kitty.

top topics

join