It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Panthers upset Eagles

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
When everybody doubts the ability of the panthers that is when the panthers perform their best. When the Panthers have their backs against the wall and with very little breathing room that is when they play their best football.

Panthers love to play close games, and Jake Delhomme loves to win close games. But this championship game was close until foster broke the game open with what I think is the game winning TD, When foster broke about 6 tackles on a sweep play to score with about 4:11 seconds left to play in the third quarter. Foster rushed for 60 yards and that key TD, while Davis rushed for 76 yards and played a great rushing game. The First TD of the game was scored by Mushin Muhammad despite double coverage. Delhomme did not have a big game passing but he did enough to keep his team ahead of the eagles.

While the Panthers offense did just enough to keep them ahead of the Eagles, the Eagles offense could get nothing going all day long. Manning Jr, a rookie this season picked off McNabb three times during the game, and all those times were big momentum killers. McNabb only complete 10 out of 22 passes with zero TD�s, the only points scored by the eagles was a field goal by Akers.

The Panthers defense were able to pressure McNabb all day long, and disrupted his passing rhyme, and eventually the panthers front 4 were able to put McNabb out of the game with an injury. Duce Stanley seemed to be the only light of hope for the Eagles rushing for 78 yards, but also dropped a pass that could have put some hope into the eagles and there fans late in the game. But that was the story of the day for the Eagles as there WR�s couldn�t hold onto balls.

The Panthers were able to prove their doubters wrong but the next stop is Houston were they face a team very similar to them, a great defensive team, a QB who does just enough to get the job done, and a solid RB.

Ben

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Today McNabb confriemd the injury to his ribs that he suffered during the championship game. McNabb tore carialage in his rib cage, and was pulled late in the game due to this injury.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I still remember that play, clearly in my mind with Foster scoring that TD, and like you said ben that was a momentum killer to the Defense of the Eagles. I dont care if McNabb had an injury while playing he played last year with a broken ankle, and should have been able to play through this pain. The Panthers just put non-stop pressure on McNabb and just wouldn't let him get into a ryhem.

join