It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird noise in relatives yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I was at my relatives house last night (new years eve), and for the past 2 months, there has been this deep breathing/growling sound.

It's not the next door neighbors snoring, because its damn loud, i think it's some sort of bird. We are about 10 kilometers from the city in a suburban area, any suggestions on what it might be?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Could be a wild animal lurking around the vacinity. Nothing to worry about unless it sounds threatening to the family, than you should probably call for an investigation. Ensure no one goes outside without informing someone where he/she is going.

7A

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Possum? I have them arround here and they sound exactly like what you are describing.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
We thought a possum at first, but this is too loud, we were sitting inside, with the TV going at the other end of the house, and we could still hear it.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What state/city/country are you from? I am sure it is just a wild animal but just to be sure there has not been anymore creepy sightings we can search the net for the area around you

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've posted this link which has many sound effects including animal sounds.
Browse the files and check if any match what you heard.
Sounds
Good luck on this search.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I live in Airport West which is in Victoria, Australia. As far as i know, there hasn't been any weird sightings, but i did see some ufo's once, but thats a bit off topic. I checked those sounds, but none of them corresponded with what i heard.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by spurri]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Do they see alot of animals around during the day?

It's probably an animal like everyones been saying.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The animals that are usually around are birds and thats about it, it has to be some sort of animal, what else could it be? Maybe a Tawny Frog mouth owl? would be greatly appreciated if some one could post a link to a sound file of one, I'm capped at the moment so i cant download

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurri
We thought a possum at first, but this is too loud, we were sitting inside, with the TV going at the other end of the house, and we could still hear it.

I've heard some pretty loud possums. But I can't tell you for sure. Although I do know a possum is far more likely then a mythical beast out to eat your family

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's probably a big, giant, hairy, monster of some sort.
They tend to do lots of deep breathing and growling.
Either that or the local punks playing a joke.
When I was 12 we made a bigfoot outfit and use to lure younger kids into the woods and scare the bejesus out of them. Jump out from behind a tree. I got to play Bigfoot a couple times. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurri
The animals that are usually around are birds and thats about it, it has to be some sort of animal, what else could it be? Maybe a Tawny Frog mouth owl? would be greatly appreciated if some one could post a link to a sound file of one, I'm capped at the moment so i cant download

This is what you are looking forBirds in backyards

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I checked all of those sounds anglosaxon and still no go, but thanks for your help, and uh rocknroll i don't thinks its a big hairy monster
, because the sound stops when the torch shines in the general area of where the sound comes from.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
How regular is it? It could very well be a frog or toad.

Most animals won't sit around just breathing / growling. You're hearing an intentional call of some sort, and if your area doesn't have any large mammals, then odds are you're dealing with either a bird, or an amphibian. You can probably rule out birds as, unless you live somewhere outside the United States / Europe, I don't think there are any nocturnal birds that make those sorts of noises.

A frog, however... I slept in a car park one night and there was this bullfrog directly under my car. It sounded like I was parked over an angry buffalo all night. They're VERY loud despite their small size. Even a tiny tree frog can be heard quite a ways

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm new here but noticed your post. I figured since you were in Australia a tasmanian devil wasn't too much of a stretch. here's a link with an audio file. These things are loud and sound a lot like what you are describing.

www.junglewalk.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No, it definitely isn't a Tassie Devil, theres a very very low chance that there would be one in the wild where i live, almost no chance at all, but thanks for your contribution to the topic!

top topics

join