It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21st century War of the Worlds. Where do you stand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow i started a flame war by saying that russian needed to cool down. He took a simple statement that had no mention of the US in it and went crazy with it. All i was trying to do was to ask him to calm down... So much for ATS

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would probably try to connect with other people to form some kind of guerilla force to wage war. It's pretty obvious that we can't beat them with conventional tactics so the next best thing is to move to guerilla warfare.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As the topicstarter mentions 100 years... well we don't stand a chance when they are 100 years technologically more advanced then us. For the ones which know about the religions know they are at least 15,000 years ahead of us. For the ones who knows the oldest civilisations and the cave paintings know the aliens are 400,000 years technologicaly ahead of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lots of replies since last night. First off russian, I dont believe anyone is invincible, where the hell did you get that from?

Secondly, I dont support nuclear weapons, every singe nuke on the earth should be dismantled and disarmed. All they do is create fear. This is just my opinion, dont start yelling at me for it.

Thirdly, all I am saying is that as long as we have nuclear weapons they wont attack, either because we will kill them or us or both at the same time, making it useless. Ever watched Signs?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Lots of replies since last night. First off russian, I dont believe anyone is invincible, where the hell did you get that from?

Secondly, I dont support nuclear weapons, every singe nuke on the earth should be dismantled and disarmed. All they do is create fear. This is just my opinion, dont start yelling at me for it.

Thirdly, all I am saying is that as long as we have nuclear weapons they wont attack, either because we will kill them or us or both at the same time, making it useless. Ever watched Signs?

newsflash.... nukes r old, pile up as many megatons of antimatter as your average MOAB...and you are capable of creating what would equal the first -BIG-BANG-

ie: destruction of everything in the blast radius... anti matter has a tendency to cause chain reactions within other materials, and if u have enough of say, antihydrogen, you are likely to blow the earth up transforming it into shards of "antimatterous" material...i'm only depicting what i've read on theoretical physics, but the technicalities are gobsmacking.

& the U.S is said to be currently working on? u guessed it

Cyrus

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wasnt it proven that ANTI-MATTER DOES NOT EXIST!?!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Wasnt it proven that ANTI-MATTER DOES NOT EXIST!?!

Wrong answer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by Paradigm]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I confused Anti- and Dark-matters..

If antimatter had not vanished from our Universe, then it is possible that all the cosmos would now consist of nothing but radiation - with no matter at all.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If an alien civilization is capable of faster than light travel and can travel the galaxy with ease I dont think nukes will be a problem to them.

This idea has often puzzled me.... Just because they may have developed an advanced drive...doesn't mean they can somehow counter the destructive force of a weapon harnessing nature's most awesome power... Even a caveman can bring down a helicopter, with a well-placed arrow....

We'd fight back of course, with everything we had...and make them reconsider whether a war is really worth it or not... I'm personally of the belief that our current (though obviously secret) tech is sufficient to work as this deterrent, and that either a. the aliens don't plan to invade, or b. they consider it too much for too little....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I confused Anti- and Dark-matters..

Apparently, dark matter/energy exists too.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.newscientist.com...
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To be more accurate i ment that dark matter doesnt exits in fassion that it was belived to exits..
(that the whole space was 'build' from dark matter..)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If an alien civilization is capable of faster than light travel and can travel the galaxy with ease I dont think nukes will be a problem to them.

This idea has often puzzled me.... Just because they may have developed an advanced drive...doesn't mean they can somehow counter the destructive force of a weapon harnessing nature's most awesome power... Even a caveman can bring down a helicopter, with a well-placed arrow....

We'd fight back of course, with everything we had...and make them reconsider whether a war is really worth it or not... I'm personally of the belief that our current (though obviously secret) tech is sufficient to work as this deterrent, and that either a. the aliens don't plan to invade, or b. they consider it too much for too little....

i like to think we're an agressive race...but then, who can i compare our race with

i know we'd pose as a threat to any alien race that approached us, any1 think that just-might-be the very reason we haven't been approached yet?? due to humanity's unpredictable nature to respond to different occurances.
i would pick up a 12 gauge & start firing off the very minute i saw a spaceship hovering over my house, no doubt about that...so would any other mad ukranian for that matter

(although i think a LAW would prove a much better choice..*sigh*)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To be more accurate i ment that dark matter doesnt exits in fassion that it was belived to exits..
(that the whole space was 'build' from dark matter..)

when in a hole stop digging.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join