It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Just Me or Has Something Changed ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
well that is true that this site offers alot for a very little, and thus it will be very lucarative

I hope that this site will be very lucrative for the owners. Of course, it also seems like they are trying to make a little $$ on the side for us as well.

but to grow a business more succesful the more u will bend your morals in the name of "success"

That's insulting. That would imply the owners having a low character, which I don't believe. Do you know how long ATS has been in existence? The only bend I have seen over the years, looking through all the old posts, is that there has been a moral shift towards more responsible, less inappropriate content.

like when some member says the posts used to be more meaningful and now they are something to the fact of " i see a something out of the corner of my eye, it must be a reptilian" he MAY have a point , i haven't been on here long enoug to tell, but it is THE PATTERNS IN WHICH U ANSWER these questions that raise my eyebrows

You know the other day, there was a thread started about how Bush41 had spoken about a New World Order. A few long time members where like, "hello? this is old news!" But I had to smile, that means we are picking up new members that are looking around for things. I can't expect any new member to have all the answers, because no one here does, but I can be happy that an individual made it here, where they can learn a hell of a lot more!

If you think that this is bad, you better brace yourself for after the t.v. show starts, because I have a feeling that we will be getting a huge influx of members, and since we are already members, we should at the very least be cordial.

What if back in '99, Simon decided that he was tired of these "noobs" and snubbed all new membership? We wouldn't be here either.

[edit on 1/3/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If you think that this is bad, you better brace yourself for after the t.v. show starts, because I have a feeling that we will be getting a huge influx of members, and since we are already members, we should at the very least be cordial.

You make a good point, when I first joined ATS nearly 6 months ago I didnt know how I would be seen/accepted, the "noob", I had been on other sites before where the prerogative for "establised members" was to "pick-on" the noob's, so when I got here I tried to find my feet wary of how long-term members attitudes can be, but even then despite my caution I am certain I posted some pretty whack stuff, yet still I cannot remember one time when I thought, "this guys being a total jerk.", which could have happened in response to what they may have saw as a silly thread that had been discussed a million times already, instead they would more likely post another link to another thread on the same topic...but i have seen myself others who have joined, have made extraordinary claims (in particular im talking about members who claim to have ben abducted by Aliens) despite having "nothing" to fall back on, and are then shocked when they find that people on this site dont just believe anything and actually want some proof they tend to become the target of some harsh questions, which in all fairness I myself usually condone.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
nite boy if u read the rest of my post this is just an effect from growing a successful buisness.

i said the mods have lots of character and if i was moderating anything for 6 hours a day i would want some money as well

i like this board alot, and yes basically you have to choose your topics more carefully and it is more challenging to get any points across because of the skeptism to alterative theories which newbies in general have less open mindedness about and more absolute beleifs. i just gotta take the good with the bad, but i don't have to be happy about it

[edit on 3-1-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 3-1-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
:sigh:

I've been an ATS member for about 2 years. The site has changed constantly since I got here.

It's a dynamic kind of place. What can I say?

Yeah, the post quality goes up and down. Yeah, stuff happens that gets me PO'd. Yeah, decisions are made that I don't agree with. Yeah, I have my doubts about certains mods and admins. But the site overall? No. Well, maybe on the very occasional bad day when I'm feeling particularly paranoid.

Seems to me the 3 amigos are experimenting - trying to create a self-supporting community, of a kind that has never-before existed.

Yeah them.

No doubt they're dealing with marketing issues, political pressures and the like. Happens. I'm sure it's a major headache. And when we have glitches, I do wonder if it was an attack, and what particular post might have attracted the fire.

But we're still here. And ATS still rocks.

And I, for one, still have a place where I can shoot my mouth off, say what I think and keep learning.

Thank you Simon, SkepticOverlord, and Springer too.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
And I, for one, still have a place where I can shoot my mouth off, say what I think and keep learning.

That line really says a lot. The beauty of ATS. The day the learning stops, is the day the server drops.

...Did that rhyme?

I may need to throw a beat down on this one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join