It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my theories on life etc.

page: 1

join
share:
x08

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
hi all, i'm new here.. but i have a few beliefs that i would like to throw in the air... feel free to discuss and debate... this is a bit of a messy post, as i'm not sure how to cut it properly into points.. but these points i believe belong in this section..

1) god - well, i'm not religious as such, but i believe there must be a god (or gods etc.)... we all know that nothing can come from nothing. modern practitioners of magic claim that it is "the redirection of energy"... but... the energy must have come from somewhere... something must have created it. one theory of creation is the popular "big bang theory".. well, it's supposed to be from compressed matter that was too compressed or sumsuch, but what put the matter there in the first place?

2) on that note - the gods must have some kind of god.. or else where did the gods themselves come from?

3) god, adam and eve - the first two "humans" created. supposedly, god created adam in his own image... the theory of evolution has stated that all life evolved from single cell organisms... so maybe god is a single cell organism? it DOES explain different races too (asian, caucasian etc.)...as it's a well known fact that inbreeding causes mutation... that combined with darwinism explains how the mutations were created and how the environment affected them~

4) the human... are we really 'sentient'?? the human body is known to use electrical impulses to cause reactions in muscles etc. so is not our brain just some kind of organic computer? and our responses are just AI responses to the environment, including typing this? how do you know that those thoughts you're having are actual thoughts and not just processes working through your brain?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by x08
so is not our brain just some kind of organic computer? and our responses are just AI responses to the environment, including typing this? how do you know that those thoughts you're having are actual thoughts and not just processes working through your brain?

Yes. Exactly. The whole theory behind AI is to ultimately have a computer powerful enough and complex enough to appear as though it is making human-like decisions. Well then, would it not make sense, or at the very least be a valid assumption, to assume the reverse just may be true?

join