It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adams wants 1984 shooting probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
BBC Article

The Andersonstown News reported that a retired RUC detective had confirmed a UDA informant and double agent told his handlers of the plan a week before.

The man is looking for justice for a murder attempt. I support him all the way, and hopefully this proves that collusion is not an illusion.

Hopefully this will release some important documents showing more cases of collusion conduct with the RUC, it will be intresting to see how many cases they have been involved withh

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Its interesting how the loyalists had their ammunation cut before the attempt and the army was able to get to him within 5 minutes. Could say he was "useful" for MI5/MI6

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If he was hit 5 times and is still here to complain about it, the only problem I see is caliber related.

Someone tell him that we'll investigate his allegations when we finish investigating all the IRA murders and bombings of innocent civilians.

I hear that Bin Laden is also claiming that he has been unfairly targetted by US forces - isn't that what you're supposed to do with diseased terrorists?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its interesting how the loyalists had their ammunation cut before the attempt and the army was able to get to him within 5 minutes. Could say he was "useful" for MI5/MI6

- True.

I have heard the stroy of how ammo was 'cut' (basically bullets 'doctored' to reduce their lethality & hitting power).

As for 'useful'?

Well all sorts of folks are enjoying painting each and every republican figure as a spy of some sort (and it has seemed like there have been more than a few) but in this instance I take 'useful' to mean something a little different.

Adams was IMO 'useful' because it was recognised very early on
(he and MM flew to London to meet then tory SoS William Whitelaw in July 1972)
that he was interested in political progress and, however long it took, an end to the 'war', without which there could never be any political progress.
It was this pragmatism that was identified - along with his being in a position (which was only likely to improve over time) and from a family (familial ties are a much over-looked part of the republican story) to be able to deliver.
Ditto Martin McGuinness.

Originally posted by Retseh
Someone tell him that we'll investigate his allegations when we finish investigating all the IRA murders and bombings of innocent civilians.

- Well I can understand why you might say that
but
that is not the 'standard' by which I expect or want my 'state' to operate under.

'We' have 'the rule of law' for several reasons - and, of course it isn't easy - but one of which is that it is all too easy to slide down a very slippery slope to a revolting barbarity by accepting that 'we' will operate in the same way as the inhuman monsters do.

If it's to mean anything it must mean that we face the hard questions as well as the easy stuff.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

join