It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why keep ufos secret?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi. I am very perplexed as to the ufo phenomenom! Here are my questions:

1)Why do only very few people claim to see them if they are really flying in our atmosphere. Are the rest of the people blind or what?

2)Why is the mainstream media avoiding this subject in most cases especially the news reporters?

3)I have heard that ufo viewers get harrassed by Men in Black! Who are MIB and what agency do they work for?

4)Why do most governments(including the USA) try so hard to keep ufo and alien encounters secret? Why are they afraid to inform the people?
Do they have evidence of a planned invasion and think it's futile for us to know ahead of time since we will perish anyway or is it that they are using(reverse engineering) their technology and thus want to get an upper hand in relation to other countries?

My questions may sound rather dumb to some people but I think the answer to these questions are fundamental if we are to even agree that ufos and aliens are currently here!

I look forward to the replies.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
1)Tens of thousands of people have seen UFO's.

2)They are owned by government/corporate sponsors.

3)MIB cases are rare, but usually revolve around shadow sub-sect government groups (based on witness testimony) such as Office of special investigations(OSI),NSA,CIA,etc..

4)Could be a number of reasons. Perhaps inability to outmaneuver/ov ertake visiting craft, or fear of widespread religious upheavel upon full disclosure? Or perhaps the secretiveness dwells around keeping advanced weapon and energy technology quiet so that any potential enemy might not gather intell and overtake, or amass an equality.

Just my humble opinions/guesses.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Good questions!

1) They seem to be rare. Although there are many pictures and sightings, there are also more than 6 billion people here. Maybe only some are allowed to see, where as others are not. The technology suggests they can switch the on/off switch for visibility. I've seen plenty of ET craft, plenty of weird stuff, been visited briefly- even had friends that were skeptics change their entire philosophy on life based upon what they saw around me. It's weird, some people see more of this stuff I guess.

2) News is controlled. It is not in the most powerful people's best interest for ET to be known. It's not entirely complicated. Wealth and power is more important to these figures than freedom and peace. It's beyond big business. If you're a shark, you would probably give these people respect if you met them.

3) Most people who say they've been attacked or threatened by MIB say the group is not human, but humanoid. They probably work for a seperate entity outside of our planet directly involved with Earthly affairs going through a medium within a very high clearance sector of the government(s). The more you learn the more you will find there are many different humanoid races that might be able to blend in somewhat with homo sapien, it's not that far fetched to believe this claim.

4) You hit the nail on the head: technology. Free-energy based systems would completely change how the world works, operates, and functions. No more oil, gas, coal... maybe no more debt. It would change the structure of the planet, and this is why the technology has not been released. Telling the public the ET truth would create a surge of interest for free-energy. Talking about UFO's in itself is normally not dangerous- seeking out the technology is where the problems arise. I wouldn't seek this technology... but support the Disclosure Project and Dr. Stephen Greer for their work on the subject.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the input! I have read many articles and visited many conspiracy sites but i still find it hard to believe that ufo's are flying in the atmosphere and either few people see them or few people report them while the rest of the people don't see anything! I have already visited CSETI and have high regards of the site. But tell me, is CSETI trying to expose SETI? I have read somewhere that SETI is still NASA/government controlled although indirectly this time through corporate sponsorship. In other words the sponsoring companies are acting as "front companies" to remove any coverup suspicions while the government is actually controlling everything behind the scenes.

I originally started getting interested in ufos a few years ago when i watched ufo files on discovery and history channel. Before that I thought the ufo phenomenom was some kind of sick joke. The ufo files where based on Roswell, Shag Harbor, Varghina(Brazil), Russia and China.
Also, the majestic 12 documents seemed quite interesting although no one is sure of their authenticity. I guess there is some proof if people really search but like i said at the beginning of this post there is NOT ENOUGH to be ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED of something so far fetched. I think the majority of the world's population will agree with me on this.

Another interesting story was from Bob Lazar who allegedly worked at the S-4 complex in Groom Lake while on contract with EG&G and was in charge of reverse engineering the craft. After going public on tv he had his identity completely destroyed and made to look like a complete moron or at least he so alleges. I think his story is plausible but we will never know for sure. Thats the problem with this subject...it's always vague and unprovable hearsay to the point where you dont know what or who to believe.

Anyway, I think ufos probably do exist and people should open then their closed minds. If you are closed minded you will never discover the truth if there is any!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The technology that UFO's use to travel (anti gravity) is something goverments dont want you to have. Just imagine everyone ignoring gravity and using free energy, this would be a disaster for some very powerfull people. We could just take a visit to area 51 and dont get cought cuz we are moving to fast. Its all about keeping humanity in control. And keep in mind, these advanced species have the technology to cloak there ships (but can be seen with infrared) so that could be the reason why we dont see them crossing the sky's all day

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

1)Why do only very few people claim to see them if they are really flying in our atmosphere. Are the rest of the people blind or what?

You know stealth fighters exist, yet have you ever personally seen one flying overhead...??? I'm not sure if you consider hundreds of thousands to be a "few people" but as this is the number of sightings, there are a lot to consider. In addition, these sightings aren't just by "Bubba out fishin' for bass" either, but also include sightings by police officers, doctors, lawyers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and military officers including generals. Even many ex-Presidents have sightings on file. Therefore, the assertion that "a few people" have seen them is not entirely accurate.

2)Why is the mainstream media avoiding this subject in most cases especially the news reporters?

Prior to the closing of Blue Book, UFOs were treated seriously by the government, and thus likewise by the press. However, once the government decided to close Blue Book and embark on establishing the subject as being held up for ridicule, the press again jumped on board. In addition to observation, one can easily find documents and even former men involved (such as Ruppelt and Hynek) that easily show this new directive.

3)I have heard that ufo viewers get harrassed by Men in Black! Who are MIB and what agency do they work for?

Most MIB cases occurred in the earlier decades of the phenomenon. Recent MIB cases are almost non-existant. MIB's were commonly encountered (in the US) primarily in the 40's through the 60's (and likewise in the UK in the 50's through 70's). Often, they reportedly claim to be affiliated with the military and flash corresponding ID, but occassionally also claimed CIA, NSA, and any of the other various intel agencies. Once the public ridicule factor was established, it's my personal belief that such tactics (fear and coersion) were no longer necessary or desired.

4)Why do most governments(including the USA) try so hard to keep ufo and alien encounters secret? Why are they afraid to inform the people?
Do they have evidence of a planned invasion and think it's futile for us to know ahead of time since we will perish anyway or is it that they are using(reverse engineering) their technology and thus want to get an upper hand in relation to other countries?

That's an area of speculation, but put it this way... if YOU were in charge of protecting the populace from harm, and ET craft were invading your airspace, nullifying your defenses, and abducting your citizens, all while you are powerless to stop it, would YOU want this to be public knowledge? Just speculation of course, but there are many reasons for secrecy. For one thing, the sudden intro of ultra-high-tech devices could completely unbalance world economies, and have disastrous economic effects. Imagine even the impact of a small, safe, nuclear engine. Such a device would instantly kill the oil industry, putting millions out of work, and completely destroying the economy of some nations. Such tech would need to be introduced slowly (a feat difficult to do when one hovers and lands in a parking lot routinely, if common knowledge).

I'd worry less about invasion though. If that was the goal, seems it would have been far easier in the past than currently. We'd have been taken over by now if that was the aim.

Roswell, Shag Harbor, Varghina(Brazil)

Indeed, interesting cases. Lots of paper trail, lots of witnesses (and some credible ones). Certainly a lot more than just hype (though I have some serious doubts on the Varghina case). With such cases (I'll also recommend looking into Rendlesham and the Hill Case), there is a lot of evidence (not "proof") but a lot of evidence.

Another interesting story was from Bob Lazar

Another interesting case. Despite the detractors, it does seem clear that he did at one time work at the base (regardless of capacity), and was aware of when test flights occurred, etc. of some kinds of strange VTOL craft, as seen by other witnesses. In addition, he somehow managed to get some kind of government funding for his current company and does contract work for the defense department(in addition to private companies). I'm not saying I believe Bob's story, but the case certainly has all of the earmarks of establishing an unwitting disinfo agent. Also, the further one gets into studying Lazar, they find more questions than answers, and those questions lead even further down the rabbit hole.

Thats the problem with this subject...it's always vague and unprovable hearsay to the point where you dont know what or who to believe.

True, but one could say the above about many topics, even modern physics! It's the separation of the wheat from the chaff that many find so interesting (or at least I do). I'll readily admit that over 90% of UFO cases turn out to be some other explanation or deliberate hoax. However, as I've often said, it takes only ONE real case to then make alien visitation a FACT...and that's worth closer (and serious) study, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join