It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Singer James Brown Dies at 73...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

James Brown, the dynamic, pompadoured "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a founder of rap, funk and disco as well, died early Monday, his agent said. He was 73.

Brown was hospitalized with pneumonia at Emory Crawford Long Hospital on Sunday and died around 1:45 a.m. Monday, said his agent, Frank Copsidas of Intrigue Music. Longtime friend Charles Bobbit was by his side, he said.

If Brown's claim to the invention of soul can be challenged by fans of Ray Charles and Sam Cooke, then his rights to the genres of rap, disco and funk are beyond question. He was to rhythm and dance music what Dylan was to lyrics: the unchallenged popular innovator

www.breitbart.com...

A tragic loss, the "The Hardest Working Man In Show Biz" can now rest. A great innovator, and tireless performer, James Brown forged the shape of music today.

Rest well James, you have truly earned it.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I was shocked.. wow.. this really does just hit me right in the heart.. i loved his music! what a tragic loss...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A great many performers owe their respective genres to James Brown... Rap, Funk, Disco, and one of the pioneers in Soul, he trancended the music industry.

ATSNN thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join