It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for Answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wut do u do (if your a Christian) if you feel lost and without a purpose? What happens after your prays seem to go unanswered? If anyone can help, please do.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you feel lost and without purpose..............Praise Him.

Examine your prayers...........are they prayers of self.

Let Him know that you are available and ask for wisdom.
Make the most of where you are. Moses was in the desert.........Joseph was in prison. Make use of these hard times to overcome as it can be preparation for something bigger.

Stand therefore........walk by faith and not my sight.
Without faith it is impossible to please Him.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by parapsyk676
Wut do u do (if your a Christian) if you feel lost and without a purpose? What happens after your prays seem to go unanswered? If anyone can help, please do.

Count your blessings. Consider all the good things which God has already given you without your asking. You must also keep in mind that prayers do not cause the things prayed for to appear immediately as if by magic...though sometimes things such as healings can occur very suddenly. Most of the time some degree of patience is requred. And there are some people who have later realized that they were blessed when some of their prayers were not answered. They learned that the things we pray for are not always the best things for us...hence the saying...be careful what you wish for because you may get it.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Find a purpose in life!

Search until you can find something you can be passionate about. Then do it! Don't worry If the first thing you choose dosent work out; find something else. Follow your heart with courage.

Keep praying, but be careful what you pray for, you might just get it.

Don't spend to much time alone. Make more friends and talk about how you feel with somebody, anybody.

Read books!!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

First of all, let me say I think whaaa has some really good advice there. Also, from my own experience I would suggest keeping an open mind and being open to new insights. As you say in your signature, "Truth is the antidote to fear." A while ago I went through somewhat of a spiritual crisis myself and when I was able to honestly cry out to God with my questions, He answered me. “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Finally I would say that sometimes we all just need to step back from the world for a minute and catch our breath. Try not to worry; try to see the good side of things. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" I believe that you have a purpose even if you don't feel that way right now. God bless.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I would say that all of the above posts have good suggestions in them. These posts may be the answer to your prayer about being lost and without a purpose.

Also please consider that while you may be suffering from feeling lost at this moment you can take this opportunity, from the above posts, to grow spiritually from your suffering.

Mahree

new topics

top topics

join