It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beaching of marine mammals due to several reasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
IMO...all of the beachings of very intelligent marine mammals are due to not only pollution, but also the very loud & I'm sure quite maddening signals being beamed into great depths for comunnication purposes.

The poor dolphins & whales are constantly having to hear these I'm sure very hurtful VLF signals, kinda like standing next to a jackhammer all day without ear protection.

That's already been theorized I know, but have you thought that maybe they know the world will end before too long, and know that "beaching" will stop all the suffering they are enduring. They do not have souls like humans do, so why notb end all the suffering they are in.

I feel sorry for them, as they feel pain just as we do, and all the above are driving them to end it all.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTE TruthSpeaker

...maybe they know the world will end before too long, and know that "beaching" will stop all the suffering they are enduring. They do not have souls like humans do, so why notb end all the suffering they are in.

I feel sorry for them, as they feel pain just as we do, and all the above are driving them to end it all.

Interesting ideas.

Are you saying that whales are self-aware, and are/may be committing suicide?

...Do you have any sources indicating self-awareness? Not that I think you're dead wrong, but it's always good to have a bit of proof.

...The only animals I know of that have been proved to be self-aware are chimpanzees, orangutangs and ...??? man? It's old info tho, and man may have been removed from the list in the interim.

More questions:

Why do you think the whales "know the world will end before too long" ?

Why do you think whales are self-aware, yet do not have souls? ...That seems self-contradictory to me.

Thanks.

join