It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have just returned from a holiday in Turkey and Syria, which was nice.

But whilst I was in Turkey I felt very threatened on numerous occasions by both young gangster types and older security force types, part of me thinks they were taking orders from the same people.

Certain goings on made me think that the Turkish authorities wanted me out of Turkey and it was only after foreign intervention did i begin to feel slightly more safe. However I was still followed around everywhere with people checking where i was in the toilets and who I was talking to and all sorts.

So I was left to wander around Istanbul with people peering over my shoulder all the time, whilst I was trying to see the sights and get something positive out of the experience.

I was driven close to insanity on my trip and have been given no explaination as to what was going on.

thoughts please.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
just think of how some arabs/blacks/asians feel in some countries

seriously now

did they come upto you and threaten you?
or was it more of curiosity?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
just think of how some arabs/blacks/asians feel in some countries

seriously now

did they come upto you and threaten you?
or was it more of curiosity?

LOL Bodrul trying to pin his wee experience on his him being a "Islamophobe" are we ? Perhaps a "Turkishaphobe" ?

You couldnt just bear to think for one moment could you that Westerners and/or White people are discrimnated against now could you ?

Its easy to see whats going on, across the Islamic world there is Mistrust of Westerners, across the Western World there is mistrust of Muslims, thats the deal, thats what happened to our friend here in Turkey.

Hell a Kidnapped White guy is worth quite a few $$ on the ME black market, why someone would want to solo travel in the ME is beyond me ...

join