It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Mido banned for 6 months!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Tottenham striker Mido will miss Friday's African Nations Cup final against Ivory Coast after being expelled from the national squad following a row with coach Hassan Shehata.

The 22-year-old has been suspended from international duty for six months after exchanging angry words on the touchline with Shehata having been substituted during the 2-1 semi-final victory over Senegal last night. Mido, who is on loan at White Hart Lane from Roma, had to be dragged away by coaching staff but Shehata's decision proved correct as the Spurs striker's replacement Amr Zaki scored the winner.

Sportinglife

He is a great talent, but it has always been reported that he is a bit of a trouble maker and a hot head. Thats why he has been at so many clubs and he still only 22...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i think hes a cracking player, was going to see wee player but cant cos hes much taller than me and am 6'1 lol.

and its lucky this ban doesnt take affect for Spurs in the league.

But yip, he took an attitude at Roma and they shipped him out, i dont see a way back there for him and if something happens at Spurs then he wil be outo f there too.. But for now, i think Jol is happy with him.

Maybe he just wants to be treated like a Pharoah

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Serves him right, he acted like a big spoilt kid. Having a tantrum on the touchline after he had been subbed. What is even funnier is that the player who came on in his place scored with his first touch of the ball and it turned out to be the winner and get them in the final.

Sir

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He is a joker, great player but a joker. I think Jol might wave goodbye when his loan spell runs out. Its a long time to take a player on loan.. 18months.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think Jol the other day came out and said something about it, that his attidue was wrong (Mido) and that the Spurs fans think hes great. I think they are going to be keeping him, but this was a hint that mess up once here, you aint getting a 2nd chance

top topics

join